Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I ask for feedback on my website?

Options
  • 03-02-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I've launched my new business - www.managemybuild.ie - and am looking for feedback or input from people. We did a 'soft-launch' at the Ideal Homes Show last October and then spent a couple of months refining the product before getting into hard selling mode last month.

Essentially ManageMyBuild is an online project management product for Self Builders. The Self-Builder registers online and pays a fee to join. The fee is valid for as long as the construction project takes.
    The main Project Management process walks the user through the process, from initial configuration of the build - type and size of house, etc. through the Quoting, Supplier Selection & Scheduling elements to arrive at a stage where the Self-Builder has a complete Project Plan, with a detailed set of activities which have been costed and scheduled.

The product then tracks each item as it gets completed - highlighting areas where the user is going off plan on schedule or cost.

There are also Industry News and Tip of the Week features to provide additional value.

I'll say no more as I want people to hit the site as "raw" as possible - just as if you were searching google for help with a self-build and came across the site!

Your thoughts, inputs, etc. greatly appreciated.
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Site looks ok, I registered as a supplier of goods and services (I'm a supplier of a delivery service) but when I went to my account, there doesn't seem to be much to do and I can't seem to add any info about what I supply.

On the myaccount page, there seems to be a lot of boxes. When things are in boxes you tend to think they are optional to read, when everything is in boxes, you don't know what to read and the top box on the my account page, is telling me what I already knew before I signed up.

I'd also have the log in/log out and my account buttons perhaps in the top right hand corner of the header as opposed to in the menu buttons and then keep the menu buttons smaller and more tidy.

It's still hard to see what you can offer me as a supplier and how many potential customers will be seeing my product if I pay.

The "our products" page is a bit too messy aswell, just 3 big banners, this is bad for google rankings too, you should use normal text and have it tidier with a simple photo and buttons to the right, buttons could be a bit smaller aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

lanod2407 wrote: »
    just as if you were searching google for help with a self-build and came across the site!

Not bad, although there are two issues in relation to the images....

Some of the pages that don't have any are a little bare.

Those that do have don't have any text, and so are unlikely to be found in Google. Plus every page has the same title and no meta-tags, which will further discourage Google....you'll definitely need to sort this out if the target audience is Google searchers.

Scrollbars appearing on the login page, and signup form could be styled clearer in order to be easier on the eye and encourage people to sign up.

Also one or two small typos - e.g. "supliers" on the menu bar rollover.

But not bad at all - mainly just minor tweaks required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

I have some advice if you're interested, get someone impartial to sit down and conduct usability testing.

I'd recommend a "listening labs" approach.
    Read more about it here: http://www.goodexperience.com/blog/archives/000021.php

The important thing is to be passive, don't direct, don't apologize, don't make excuses. Observe and listen.

You may need to find someone not personally attached to the project to make the activity work. You need at least 6 people from your target audience. You screen them first with a phonecall, offer some incentives. Make it fun!

Pop on a web cam & use Camtasia to screen capture & record in-camera reactions.

I promise you, it will be entirely educational, it won't take long, and will provide great evidence.

Dunno why we're are so afraid of user testing??

test early test often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Folks

Thanks a million for your feedback - very much appreciated.

A lot of valuable information there
    now down to the job of using the input to improve the product!

Thanks again!

DR

Advertisement