Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel not offering cancellation option

Options
  • 03-02-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Just wondering is this legal - booked a room in the citywest hotel online recently, but turns out i wasnt able to go. Went to cancel the room (giving more than 24 hours notice) but they tell me due to the fact that i booked online, it was not possible to cancel. Not even that i didnt give enough notice etc, but simply that they dont accept cancellations for online bookings in principle.

Why? I asked them but they said 'they're just the terms and conditions'. Seems a bit backwards to me that they are encouraging you to book by phone (which allows for cancellations) rather than online, and i wonder are they even allowed to take this position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Hi,

I think on some there are specials on the internet which are a " no change " for a cheaper price, similiar to some airlines.

Very bad form though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Puteq wrote: »
    i wonder are they even allowed to take this position?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Go to their website and check their T&C's.

If it says that there is no refund, then there's not a lot you can do.

It is bad form alright, but that's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Please note the following terms & conditions relate to this booking.

• Bookings are non refundable and non transferable.
    Cancellations will not be accepted for online bookings
    • Check in time : after 1400 hrs
    • Check out time : before 1200 hrs
    • Rates are per room per night.
    • Rates are for accommodation only unless otherwise stated.
    • These rates are not available for groups or conferences.
    • Rates are non commissionable.
    • Management reserve the right to assign guests to rooms in either the Citywest Main or Golf Hotels depending on availability
    • For single adult reservations the Management reserve the right to provide guests with a single room instead of double room only in the unlikely event of all double rooms being occupied

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Meh, i guess yer right, if they have it in their Ts and Cs then thats the way, whether its bad form or no. still kinda sucks tho :-(

thanks for the opinions

• Advertisement
Advertisement