Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shame on Denmark?

Options
  • 03-02-2009 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

I got an email there a while ago and want to know if it's true. I wont post the pics because they are absolutely horrifying but basicially there are a few pics of dolphins being caught, tied up, dragged into the shallows then killed. I didn't look closely enough to see what they were being killed with, but the water in a whole bay area is red with their blood. Loads of men and loads of dolphins. Sickening photos.

The only info on the pics is the caption saying something like "the young men do it to prove their manhood". Does anyone know if this is true or some sort of wind up. I can't imagine it being largely unnoticed while the seal hunts get so much press.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Helena,

Rather than offend anybody by printing the gory details here, this link I think will answer your question.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/tell-denmark-to-end-whale-dolphin-slaughter-in-their-waters

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

So it is true. I don't understand. I really cannot understand how that can happen. Why isn't there as much uproar about this as there are about the seal hunts? It's without doubt at least as cruel, if not more so.

It's not for food, or species control, there is absolutely no reason to do it.

It's one of those things that make me really ashamed to be human.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

According to http://www.hoax-slayer.com/denmark-whaling.shtml this would appear to be true, however scroll down right to the end, where you'll see that Denmark has afforded the Faroe Islands a large degree of autonomy, so targetting the Danish authorities might not be the most effective response.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That was the title of the email, so i just out it up with a questionmark :)

Advertisement