Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Internet Is Set Up Wrong

• 03-02-2009 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

I can access the net on Firefox but for some reason my AVG free and software manager are not able to download updates. As well as this I can't get hamachi to connect either. Internet Explorer doesn't work either. I've tried loads of help things online but inevitably I've ended up back here looking like an idiot =/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

have you accidently set up dailup networking or Proxy for IE?

Which version Windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ Definately sounds like there is a proxy configured.
    Open up a command prompt and type in "proxycfg" and tell us what it says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

watty wrote: »
    have you accidently set up dailup networking or Proxy for IE?

Which version Windows?

XP, I dont know what I've done but Internet Explorer hasn't worked for sometime

Stephen wrote: »
    ^^ Definately sounds like there is a proxy configured.
    Open up a command prompt and type in "proxycfg" and tell us what it says.

PROXYCFG is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bugger, must be part of the support tools :)

Go into tools > internet options in IE and then go to the "connections" tab. Click the LAN settings button and you should see if there's a proxy configured there. If there is, uncheck the "use a proxy server for your lan" box, click OK a few times and try it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Any dialup configured by accident or malware will be in Network Conections and may be in IE too.

Bad signs, system restore was not allowed, virus methinks =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Voltwad wrote: »
    Bad signs, system restore was not allowed, virus methinks =/

hmmm... i actually had something very similar to this over the christmas, could run internet fine through firefox, but all the AV stuff couldn't connect to their servers. was definitly a virus, when i manually downloaded updates for all my antispyware **** through firefox they kept finding traces of it but couldn't do anything about it.

in short i couldn't get rid of it, had to just reinstall windows in the end. if you decide to do this though be careful, it is transmitted through USB keys as well methinks. just burn everything you need to some DVDs.

Advertisement