Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*FREE* Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition

• 03-02-2009 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Thought I would put this in its own thread. Link here.
    Ater you have registered your serial number you must go to your account and in the panel on the left click on registered items, that takes you to the download button.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Nice one Ruu. Great product !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Cheers Ruu!

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

+1 Thanks from me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I have

Acronis®*True*Image*Home® version 11.0

Is this the same one, great piece of software, I think it was from a RUU bargain alert I purchased from last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Ruu wrote: »
    Thought I would put this in its own thread. Link here.

I didnt get a serial number?
    only got a password to log on to site?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks Ruu!

Any sign of your serial no. since, Dave? Haven't received one yet either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

nope not yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I got mine immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

Can someone explain what this does?!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

This is also free with this months PCW mag. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

It creates a compressed copy of a partition/hard drive, that you can restore to bring your system back to a prior state.

For example, if you have an OS installed on the C:\ partition and you're hit by a virus that devastates your system and System Restore files, with TrueImage you can simply restore your OS with a clean snapshot.

It's best to "baseline" your system, i.e. install the OS & all your favorite applications and then create a snapshot of the partition/drive with TrueImage. Then every few weeks make a fresh snapshot so you're current.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Registered twice with different email id's, got the confirmaiton mail but no sign of serial number :(

No serial number here either. Received the registration email and clicked the verify link. This was yesterday evening about 7pm. I've emailed them so hopefully they'll reply with a serial number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭CHW

Does this do anything Maxtor Maxblast doesn't do?

Also, how big is the download? The Maxblast one is about 125MB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Got the reg but not serial email :(

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Still waiting here too since yesterday evening. Ah well......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Sent an email requesting a serial no and download link
    Got this silly/pointless reply
    Thank you for contacting Acronis!

In order to improve the speed and quality of customer service Acronis introduced changes in its support practices: new requests should be submitted via web form.

To submit a new request, please follow one of the links given below.
    If you are an owner of an Acronis product, please click here:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/company/contacts/request/?t=2&email=****@eircom.net

If you do not own any Acronis product, please click here:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/company/contacts/request/?t=1&email=****@eircom.net

If clicking the link does not open the browser, then please select one of the links above, copy it and paste into your browser address line.

Note that you need to submit your request using the online form only once.
    All the further replies regarding submitted request can be sent to Acronis by email.

When you receive a mail answer to your filed request, please use the Answer or Reply button of your mail program for sending a reply to us. You do not need to submit your replies via web interface.

You can also quickly find the answers to your questions in Acronis Support
    Knowledge Base at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/kb/.

--
    Best regards,
    Acronis Customer Service

"Temporarily suspended" (But the add is still up)

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis Software http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/

My name is Anna, I have reviewed the details and will be happy to clarify the matters for you.

We would like to inform you that due to a large number of requests this promotional campaign has been temporarily suspended. We are working on this problem and the issue is being processed by the responsible people.

We will contact you with a possible solution in several days. Please accept our profound apologies for the delay.

We appreciate your understanding, and in the meantime, if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards

Anna Ovchinnikova

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

CHW wrote: »
    Does this do anything Maxtor Maxblast doesn't do?

Also, how big is the download? The Maxblast one is about 125MB.

It allows for selective file restoration and other fancy shmancy bits and pieces, but you raise a good point that a lot of people here may not be aware of: Seagate is giving away nuts'n'bolts software from Acronis for free. If all people want is to make reliable images of their entire system or partitions: just use Maxblast or DiscWizard:

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/ (free)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Got the serial number no problem but it says I can only get the s/w can only be obtained from a promo campaign partner :confused: Anywhere else I could download it or is it a lost cause?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭CHW

Karoma wrote: »
    It allows for selective file restoration and other fancy shmancy bits and pieces, but you raise a good point that a lot of people here may not be aware of: Seagate is giving away nuts'n'bolts software from Acronis for free. If all people want is to make reliable images of their entire system or partitions: just use Maxblast or DiscWizard:

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/ (free)

I not sure it's the same as the selective file restoration you mention, but with Maxblast, you can browse through a backup .tib file just like it's another folder/archive in Windows Explorer, and open/copy/paste files as you see fit (backup remains unaltered).

I've been using Maxblast for a year or so now, and often can't believe that something so useful is free. It's very quick as well, and I think the only thing it doesn't do is recursive backups (over something that costs), but since it's so fast, for personal use, this isn't an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

opus wrote: »
    Got the serial number no problem but it says I can only get the s/w can only be obtained from a promo campaign partner :confused: Anywhere else I could download it or is it a lost cause?

I got the same message, but a bit of googling revealed this:
    https://www.acronis.co.uk/my/download/?TrueImage10.0_p_en.exe

:)

Anyone who hasnt got the Serial number as yet, try the link again that was sent in the first mail and this time you will get the serial number immediately.

If you dont get the mail then try the link again. Second time the serial number will be displayed on the page as well.

Download link is there in the post above :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Anyone who hasnt got the Serial number as yet, try the link again that was sent in the first mail and this time you will get the serial number immediately.

If you dont get the mail then try the link again. Second time the serial number will be displayed on the page as well.

Download link is there in the post above :)
    Ah so it does. Thank you kindly. *tips hat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cool, I got the serial first time around on my machine but several of my friends didn't get it. Just hit the link in the email again and the serial arrived straight away for most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Anyone tried this on Windows 7? When I run the installer nothing happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Expired can be removed, still works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Is this better or worse than Norton Ghost (10)? I got annoyed at Ghost 'cos it wanted me to install th.net framework before it'd do anything - not what I wanted to do on a fresh minimal install!

It is what it's.

Stephen wrote: »
    Anyone tried this on Windows 7? When I run the installer nothing happens.

Havent tried on Windows 7, I will give it a go in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

Maybe a freeware software thread might be a good idea? I'm sure we've all come across godd freeware software that might be of use to others.

I'm not sure if its a bargain alert though or there might already be such a thread somewhere else?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hi,

Anyone got any other links to the download?
    The one posted earlier does not work anymore....

Advertisement