Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork snow :)

Options
  • 03-02-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Looks like cork is in for a good few inches of snow today and tonight :)
    :D now it's our turn bitches.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

seriously?! Do you think it will stick though? It's wet outside isnt it? Cant see the window in my office!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

based on meteireann? all the showers seem to be going west as opposed to the south..i always look at the bbc radar and not sure if its fog or snow they have for cork tonight as both are white!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

latest_radar.gif

Staying very cold overnight with further outbreaks of sleet and snow and with some heavy falls across the south and east. A widespread severe frost will occur where clear spells develop, and there will be a big risk of icy patches. Lowest temperatures will range from zero to -4 degrees.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

<---- Prays for a snow day :pac:

latest_radar.gif

Staying very cold overnight with further outbreaks of sleet and snow and with some heavy falls across the south and east. A widespread severe frost will occur where clear spells develop, and there will be a big risk of icy patches. Lowest temperatures will range from zero to -4 degrees.:D

hope i'm wrong but i have my doubts that it will be any way severe..waterford/kilkenny might be the best bet down in the south(bit of it) not cork but i'm no expert!

• Advertisement

not even a shower in sight for much of cork on the radar...i'm scepical unless something starts appearing and moving south!

If you look at the rainfall radar on met eireann. It's going in a anti clokwise circle and moving east. We will get it when it swings around a bit more i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

LOL, this thread is full of FAIL!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

If you look at the rainfall radar on met eireann. It's going in a anti clokwise circle and moving east. We will get it when it swings around a bit more i think.

yeah noticed that alright...couldn't see where the snow would come from last night either but will be interesting to see how it works out later from the radar.

Supercell wrote: »

thanks Supercell! us cork people usually have a positive outlook except me especially when it comes to meteireann forecasts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »

So cruel.......I've got my snow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

DOCARCH wrote: »
    So cruel.......I've got my snow! :D
    Feel free to start a Dublin snow thread, at least Newcastle there seems to have gotten something.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Cold nite forecast , some snow be nice :)

cork snow is better than dublin snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Woo Cork Snow is the best:D, pity it didn't stick today but hopefully it will be White allover in the morning

plz god :)

I have a good feeling about tonight! WOOO BRING IT ON!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

How much i even try to feel your happiness for getting some snow, i for one hope that there's NO snow when i come back to Ireland tomorrow. ^_^

I'm experiencing -10 degrees and icy snowy weather at the moment here in Sweden.

dMaN24 wrote: »
    How much i even try to feel your happiness for getting some snow, i for one hope that there's NO snow when i come back to Ireland tomorrow. ^_^

I'm experiencing -10 degrees and icy snowy weather at the moment here in Sweden.

You lucky devil :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

Snowing mad here.. just outside Midleton. Roads are pretty dodgy to drive!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

About 7cm here so far, do you reckon it will go on through the night and tomorrow, or will it turn to rain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

We got 3 inches i'd say so far now in cork it's great to see everyone out of their houses smiling and having fun, all ages are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Isn't amazing that with all the snow and frost over the country these past few weeks we didn't have a thread from any other place in the Country, but now the snow has arrived in that place we have a separate thread so they can all converse in a written language nobody else understands.

Advertisement