Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athenry Residents Planning Public Road Block Over Road Damage

Options
  • 03-02-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

"Residents in Athenry will block a public road tomorrow in protest at the worsening condition of local roads.
    They say the Craughwell road, Derrydonnell road, Cashla road and some of the Kiltulla road are being destroyed by heavy trucks working on the new N6 Galway to Dublin road."

Anyone going to this tomorrow? Where do we meet first? Raheen Woods?

Jason

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

jasonh wrote: »
    "Residents in Athenry will block a public road tomorrow in protest at the worsening condition of local roads.
    They say the Craughwell road, Derrydonnell road, Cashla road and some of the Kiltulla road are being destroyed by heavy trucks working on the new N6 Galway to Dublin road."

Anyone going to this tomorrow? Where do we meet first? Raheen Woods?

Jason

Isn't athenry in the county? Where is our newly crowned moderator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

This will be fine once the main carriageway is built enough such that the construction traffic can use it. Then the company will fix up all the roads.

Sure its bad at the moment, but they've said what will happen which is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

City -> County

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jasonh

This will be fine once the main carriageway is built enough such that the construction traffic can use it. Then the company will fix up all the roads.

Sure its bad at the moment, but they've said what will happen which is fair.

That's fine, but they should set up some procedure that allows drivers that use these roads to submit claims for punctures, busted alloys, broken axles, wheel balancing, etc.

It's like driving on a mine field out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

You can claim for damage caused by pot holes and other road debris from the county council, there is someone specifically appointed for the job he is based in the Liosban industrial estate. I made a claim recently for damage to an alloy rim and fitting of a new tyre and i was compensated in full. I dont have the guys details to hand but if you ring the county council i am sure they will put you in touch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement