Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Holiday for Over 30s

Options
  • 03-02-2009 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, my wife and I wish to go to oz in the summer for about 2 months on holiday but try to do a bit of work here and there too to help the finances of travelling, we were on the website for visas and there seems to be no applicable visa for an over 30 person. My wife is under 30, but I am over. Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭willy wonka

As far as I know WHV are only for 18-30 year olds. You need to apply for a different visa if you are over 30 and is very expensive and quite hard to get (you need to have X years work experience, have a job thats in demand in Australia, show all your qualifications, etc). I think it's an Immigrant visa and is for people who want to work long term/emigrate.

If you're not fussy about Australia and would go to New Zealand instead BUNAC do working visas for 18-35 year olds BUNAC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

troybadoo wrote: »
    Hi, my wife and I wish to go to oz in the summer for about 2 months on holiday but try to do a bit of work here and there too to help the finances of travelling, we were on the website for visas and there seems to be no applicable visa for an over 30 person. My wife is under 30, but I am over. Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks.

I think you can as long as you enter Australia before your 31st birthday

Bit pointless as it will probably take about 2 months to get a job, there are thousands of Paddies in Australia seeking work ......I have some friends who have been here 6 weeks and have not go a job yet.

The only other way you can go on a working holiday over the age of 31 is to get sponored on a 457 for 4 years (and then that leads into permenent residency), not exactly a working holiday but Australia is a pretty long journey and so many things to do here.

No point coming for a ****, shower and shave and then going home again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

troybadoo wrote: »

Mate I would just save up your pennies before you go and enjoy your stay , don't bother trying to find work

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hawesome145

Hi all,

have recently looked into this myself as I am 30. You have to have made your application for the visa before you turn 31. I am 31 end of Feb which leaves me up against it with time especially as I have to rush through a new passport by express but should all work out. Once you apply you should get a reply within 48 hrs and if accepted you have 12 months to arrive on Australian soil.

hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,286 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Don't assume you are guaranteed to get answer with 48 hours. Could take longer if something goes wrong, but typically you'll have it in 12 or less so you should be ok.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement