Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non phone line broadband?

Options
  • 03-02-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

Parents are getting rid of the eircom phone and the line so that means i will lose eircom broadband. Can you recommend me a good broadband provider that doesnt require the phone line thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Upc 20MB for 40 euro a month cant go wrong, well some people have had bad experiences but alot haven't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

Upc 20MB for 40 euro a month cant go wrong, well some people have had bad experiences but alot haven't

thanks, do they install an arial on my roof or something or how does it work? Arent chorus c*nts for hidden charges though?

What about that Irish Broadband crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No Aerial, needs the service to be passing your house:
    UPC Cable (you don't need to sign up for TV, ex-Chorus/NTL), Smart or Magnet fibre.

Radio Box on wall/Roof:
    Digiweb Metro, Imagine's Breeze (was Irish Broadband), Digiweb Homewave

Don't get rid of phone line unless you have the alternative connected and working :(

Not Clearwire, Ripwave, or "Mobile" from O2/Meteor/3/Vodaphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Can you take over the payments for the phone line? Just swap the account to your name and continue on as usual.

Advertisement