Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of Enda Kenny

Options
  • 03-02-2009 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Enda Kenny and his party actually have their own propositions or plans for what to do about this whole crisis?
    Im by no means a Fianna Fail supporter, but it seems to me the only thing Enda Kenny is good for is moaning about the oppositions failures. I really believe they would be just as much a disaster as FF.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

wylo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Enda Kenny and his party actually have their own propositions or plans for what to do about this whole crisis?
    Im by no means a Fianna Fail supporter, but it seems to me the only thing Enda Kenny is good for is moaning about the oppositions failures. I really believe they would be just as much a disaster as FF.

They'd be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

I thought its the job/right of the Opposition to moan at the Government?
    It was the same when Rainbow Coalition was in power with FF attacking Bruton, its the same now with Kenny/Gilmore after Cowen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

It's not as if FF had a plan either two years ago. The economy was doing fine, people were buying big homes, second cars etc. so people just stuck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

ongarite wrote: »
    I thought its the job/right of the Opposition to moan at the Government?
    It was the same when Rainbow Coalition was in power with FF attacking Bruton, its the same now with Kenny/Gilmore after Cowen.

I think this has gone beyond that though, I wish theyd either come up with some suggestions themselves or shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I think this has gone beyond that though, I wish theyd either come up with some suggestions themselves or shut up.

yes, clearly this is all FG's fault.

Damn them for their evil parliamentary Opposition - they're running the country into the ground by eh, not running the country <shakes fist>

• Advertisement

They're waiting for Enda "Sign The Contract" Kenny to fall on his sword first.

yes, clearly this is all FG's fault.

Damn them for their evil parliamentary Opposition - they're running the country into the ground by eh, not running the country <shakes fist>
    Im just wondering do they have any practical suggestions that oppose FFs suggestions, after all they are the opposition party.

Im just wondering do they have any practical suggestions that oppose FFs suggestions, after all they are the opposition party.

Doubt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

He is an embarrassment to the people who elected him..

Every argument he makes uses weird similes i.e. "cowen is like a t-rex that cant scratch its nose and thats the problem."

I hve never heard him make one proposal or any constructive criticism.

Him and Mark Robson would make a great couple

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

Kenny for years has had all the ammo in the world to fire at FF. From Bertie's dig out payments to the economy and he has failed to pull the triger. Kenny wants to be leader of the country but if afraid to do it. Cowen has became leder when it is rough. Over the last 10 years an un-trained monkey could have ren the country.... O wait they did. LOL.

Can you think how bad the country would he was in charge. He babbles on about nonsence. Well more nonsence than a usual TD.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...it seems to me the only thing Enda Kenny is good for is moaning about the oppositions failures.
    donmaga1 wrote: »
    Kenny for years has had all the ammo in the world to fire at FF. From Bertie's dig out payments to the economy and he has failed to pull the triger.
    Let me get this straight: Enda Kenny is a failure because he criticises Fianna Fáil, and because he doesn't criticise Fianna Fáil?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

What a ridiculous post, Your sick of Kenny, even though the country is in the sh!tter and the only party to take us there was Fianna Failure, Ahern and Cowen. How could Enda Kenny and FG have done any worse! You cant go lower than rock bottom! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

They'd be worse.

Don't think that's possible, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Let me get this straight: Enda Kenny is a failure because he criticises Fianna Fáil, and because he doesn't criticise Fianna Fáil?

Kenny has not been any opposition for FF. He should criticise FF at every chance. God knows he has had every chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Fintan O'Toole had a great line about Enda Kenny in today's Times; he's a great leader for Fine Gael but a bad leader of the opposition.

Think that sums up his problems perfectly. Fine Gael as an organisation have done well under him - membership numbers are up and there seems to be a bit of momentum among the party faithful - but he simply isn't inspiring enough to be thought of as potential Taoiseach. His attacks on Cowen and FF have been insubstantial and weak and he isn't offering enough of an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

K4t wrote: »
    It's not as if FF had a plan either two years ago. The economy was doing fine, people were buying big homes, second cars etc. so people just stuck with it.
    Two years, ago, when I heard the advertisement, on radio, for a foreign property exhibition at the RDS: "Come one down, we have thousands of investment properties for sale in Spain...", I started stocking up on tinned goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

murfie wrote: »
    What a ridiculous post, Your sick of Kenny, even though the country is in the sh!tter and the only party to take us there was Fianna Failure, Ahern and Cowen. How could Enda Kenny and FG have done any worse! You cant go lower than rock bottom! :rolleyes:
    We aren't at rock bottom.

We aren't close.

When the IMF arrive, then we are near rock bottom.

Tristram wrote: »
    thanks, Ill have a look, my original question was genuine , I wasnt trying to be rhetorical

Advertisement