Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't Get Divx - Even With The Lastest Update

• 03-02-2009 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi Guys, So My mate wants DivX On his Xbox 360. He doesn't have broadband to connect the 360 to.
    So i took his 360 and connected it to the internet In My House. It came up, Update and i Said Yes. Then It downloaded the update and I presumed it would work but still doesn;t Work.

Anyone Know Why this is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I think there is a specific update you need to play Divx. This might not be the one you have downloaded. I set all this up only recently but im pretty sure it prompted me to download it when I tried to play a Divx. It came up as of I was downloading from the marketplace rather than an update so you may need to have an xbox live account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

ok Thanks Ill Try That!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

I just did that update today , it asked me for it when I tried to play a divx file and then went and d/led it from marketplace so maybe it only asks if you try to play a divx file .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Is it called "optional media update"? If not then its not the right one

When you connect to xbox live try play the divx file, this will be a different error message instead of just ok there is an "download update" or somethin similar, hit that and it will download (is a max 3meg file so will be quick enough) and robert is yer fathers brother :)

The update you got today was a system update not the video decoder update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

did this on my brothers xbox recently its profile specific, so i think you'll have to recover your pals gamertag and then run the update b4 it will work .

• Advertisement
Advertisement