Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for w810i?

• 03-02-2009 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

Had a w810i for over 18 months but it was stolen recently and I would like a change.
    Have a w302 as a stop gap but really not liking it at all. The speaker quality is rubbish and really quiet.

Would anyone be able recommend a phone that would be similar in functionality to a w810i?
    Mainly having the following:
    • Flashlight
    • Loud & good quality speaker
    • Numerical shortcuts (i.e. menu -> 5 -> 2 would bring you to the inbox)
    • A shortcut button to bring up missed event & app shortcut list
    • Sensible predictive text (currently the w302 brings up rediculous words in the place of words you would use everyday, i.e. dome is the first suggested instead of food :mad: )

Would consider any manufacturer. I'm more of a texting person but small keys wouldn't be a problem (don't have massive sausage fingers).

So far I've been looking at a w580i or a w890i. Also I would have an upper price limit of about 175.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The W595 might be better bet than the W580, presently available on Ebay unlocked from UK for about €175.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

From reading reviews,The w890 speaker is supposed to be really quiet aswell

Just got the w595..Loving it so far and has 2 fairly loud speakers,One on top and one on bottom
    Doesnt have a flashlight though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Caliden wrote: »

So far I've been looking at a w580i or a w890i. Also I would have an upper price limit of about 175.

Thanks

Get the w890i it's a brilliant phone, stuff magazine reckon it's the best music phone going......o2 were selling it for €89 in january....with a 2GB memory card : )

review:
    http://stuff.tv/Review/Sony-Ericsson-W890i/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Get the w890i it's a brilliant phone, stuff magazine reckon it's the best music phone going......o2 were selling it for €89 in january....with a 2GB memory card : )

review:
    http://stuff.tv/Review/Sony-Ericsson-W890i/

I know of some phones that are great music phones but only with headphones in. Their sound quality is normally to do with the equaliser and bass effect with the phone. But is the actual speaker on the phone any good?

My current one will be inaudible if left on my bed or in my pocket. The speaker itself is nothing more than a small slot on the back. This isn't great when compared to my old w810i which had a rather rather one on the back.
    Still considering picking up a w810i but it was starting to get a bit bulky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think one of the loudest sony phones i've came across latley is the k660i..there's a good external speaker on it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement