Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which graph card for 40"

Options
  • 03-02-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

just ordered my new telly!! a 40" samsung
    now I have 2 comps and therefore 2 graph cards, 1 is a 9500 GT 1gb from gainward and the other is a 8500 GT 256mb PNY.

I will just play movie etc on that telly via the comp would they be good or not for that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They're fine for general use, but as a gaming or playback card the 9500GT is much, much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

They're fine for general use, but as a gaming or playback card the 9500GT is much, much better.

so I should put that in the comp at telly? thanks for quick reply as always!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

If you are just going to watch films on that TV via the PC, either card will do, the 1Gb would be massive overkill for that task though.

If you intended to game on the large screen then go with the 1Gb.

The 256Mb will even do HD content perfectly (depending on your other components)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

thanks, this one will just be for streaming fims etc to, my main comp will be connected to it. I was wondering what graph card to put in which comp. Looks like a put the 8500 in the comp at telly since that is the slow and old one. As long as I can play HD i'm a happy bunny. thanks again.

Advertisement