Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Priceless (Raw Spoilers)

• 03-02-2009 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

For me Priceless aren't really that good. They had a great start and have in no way followed it up. The barely interact with one another and the don't look like a team, their tag finisher (that DDT that was on Raw I presume) is pointless. Compare them them to the other two top heel tag teams around, Morrison and Miz and Beer Money. Morrison and Miz brilliantly interact with each other and show some good heel teamwork and Beer Money, for me, are what a heel tag team should be all about, they constantly use the other man to cheat, matching gear (which may seem a small thing but it helps) and they, in general, blend well (as do Morrison and Miz).

But for me Rhodes and DiBiase do and have done very little to warrant their current push. Take this weeks Raw, they have a distinctly average match with Cryme Time which ends in a horrible DQ (I love how DiBiase (I think) got disqualified for Shad keeping him in the ring) and for the rest of the show they're Ortons lackeys with zero independence or character. I see the potential but I think they were pushed too far, too fast.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

In fairness you can't blame them for the ending of the match. Not like they had a choice.

As for the finisher I thought it was class, I am just waiting on them to go serperate and hope Cody gets the push he should

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    In fairness you can't blame them for the ending of the match. Not like they had a choice.

As for the finisher I thought it was class, I am just waiting on them to go serperate and hope Cody gets the push he should

I thought the tag finisher was pointless, it was no more impactful than a normal DDT. I just think they are a dreadful tag team and both would be better off as singles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I have a feeling that the match on raw this week was to give the audience a bit of confidence to show that they can stand on their own feet as heels.

One reason i think people find priceless annoying is that they have no reason for why they are together as such.
    I know, they are 2nd generation and they want to out do what their fathers did.. But what else?..

The other tag teams the OP mentioned have some sort of common ground between them. Example:
    Beer Money are like shorter versions of APA. Which works.
    Two guys who are sorta cowboys that drink.. and fight.. and brag.

Priceless dont really have this. IMO.

But in reality, they can only get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I thought the tag finisher was pointless, it was no more impactful than a normal DDT. I just think they are a dreadful tag team and both would be better off as singles.

I didn't see the finisher in question but Beer Money (who are excellent, not as good as M and M but close) have a great tag team move, the Beer Money suplex which is awesome. As for Priceless, they do be very very very very very very bland and boring. Makes you understand why the other Rhodes brother had to wear the suit to get noticed

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I didn't see the finisher in question but Beer Money (who are excellent, not as good as M and M but close) have a great tag team move, the Beer Money suplex which is awesome. As for Priceless, they do be very very very very very very bland and boring. Makes you understand why the other Rhodes brother had to wear the suit to get noticed

That would have some weight if the dad wasn't one of the most charismatic people in the WWF/E

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

One reason i think people find priceless annoying is that they have no reason for why they are together as such.
    I know, they are 2nd generation and they want to out do what their fathers did.. But what else?..

The other tag teams the OP mentioned have some sort of common ground between them. Example:
    Beer Money are like shorter versions of APA. Which works.
    Two guys who are sorta cowboys that drink.. and fight.. and brag.
    Beer money didnt really have anything in common. Ones Canadian and wealthy, the others a beer drinking cowboy. Not a whole lot in common although they work well as a tag-team and integrated well hence the name beer money. And there not very like the Acolytes either. Think the 2nd/3rd generation thing is a good enough excuse to create a tagteam. Fingers crossed Stephanie doesnt become their mouth-piece though.

That would have some weight if the dad wasn't one of the most charismatic people in the WWF/E

What difference does it make. Cody has none of his dads or Dustin's charisma. It's kind of like saying "It made no sense how Shane-o beat the crap out of everyone because he's too weak" and then using the defence "That would have some weight if the dad wasn't one of the most build 70 year olds in the world"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm not a fan or Team Priceless but i am liking their alliance now with Orton. I think Rhodes is best in the ring and Teddy best on the mic. Rhodes needs to stay far far away from the mic.

Miz and Morrison are the best tag team in WWE at present and have been for a long time but i would like to see Morrison get a single's push in the future.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    What difference does it make. Cody has none of his dads or Dustin's charisma. It's kind of like saying "It made no sense how Shane-o beat the crap out of everyone because he's too weak" and then using the defence "That would have some weight if the dad wasn't one of the most build 70 year olds in the world"

But you said
    Makes you understand why the other Rhodes brother had to wear the suit to get noticed
    That has nothing to do with it either so why mention it?

That has nothing to do with it either so why mention it?

Brothers tend to be very very very similar in abilities like the Briscoes or the Hardyz etc. and before you say it I do realise the home situation was different whereas sons can alter greatly like Cody, Randy, The Rock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

If Priceless were looking for a finisher that incorporated Cody's DDT they could have done a lot worse than recycle MNM's finisher. What they came up with is pretty lame as it requires the opponent to be pretty much unconscious while they set it up.

Advertisement