Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 03-02-2009 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Basically i ****ed up my exams big time...and i wanna get out of ucd all together...just wondering if its possible to get onto another course??none in particular just wondering is it possible through cao or whatever?? any advice appreciated cos im really clueless bout this sort of stuff!!cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Noodledoodle

Sorry to hear bout your exams.Have you thought about talking to your student advisor before jumping ship.. maybe things are seeming a bit bleak now. If you do decide to change course I think you can apply via CAO ... late applications. Check out the CAO site. Good Luck whatever you decide to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Horno

Cheers mate much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

what course are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Horno

arts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Horno wrote: »
    arts

oddly enough when i was walking through arts i saw a s**t load of students queing up to get into when i think was the programme office or soemthing? assuming related to failing subjects etc...

em go talk to ppl! see what you cna do!

you say you want to go for somethign else, well do you have any ideas what?

is the only reason your leaving arts that you had a bad set of exams?

if you change to another course you might not like it and hence get as bad results agian...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

you could alsp do an internal transfer of degree programmes
    dealing with admissions can be a pain ofcourse

alsp

also (i think) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

pathway33 wrote: »
    also (i think) :D

well, yes...

[interestingly i have looked as what alsp may be the acronym for with the results:
    Aggregate Level Simulation Protocol
    Acquisition Logistics Support Plan
    Atmosphere and Land Surface Processes
    Army Logistics Study Program

but the context suggests that i did in fact make a typing error]

well, yes...

[interestingly i have looked as what alsp may be the acronym for with the results:
    Aggregate Level Simulation Protocol
    Acquisition Logistics Support Plan
    Atmosphere and Land Surface Processes
    Army Logistics Study Program

but the context suggests that i did in fact make a typing error]

yes the context only suggests a typo.

indeed given the context i would suggest that it was in fact not a typo at all but acronym for amend lateral serpotity prognostics (translated as.... work harder OP)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I'm not sure about jumping ship, but the last thing you want is trying to catch up on those exams you failed by repeating them and all that, it's like dead weight, really does bring down everything else. However if you just work like a blue arsed fly for the next three months, you can get through them. It wont be pretty (you'll have to forgo a few piss ups), but you're in 1st year, all they expect is for you to pass, they're not expecting a scholar of Joycean extraction. It wont count towards your degree but it's better to have got through first year with your repeats done than to go back to square 1 in some other course, and if you still hate arts, you can drop it start off again, stick with it and you'll be in 2nd year with a clean slate. If you do decide to jump ship, keep an eye on the CAO, send in a late application just in case that if you get through 1st year and still hate arts. It's a ****ty situation to be in, but you have to contemplate that you might have to be paying fees next year like every other undergrad if the government has their way, so keep the financial burden in mind before jumping ship. Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement