Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to regain money instead of hitting the Public Sector

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Pal wrote: »
    these people need their heads examining (as Roy Keane would say).

Public Sector contribute 15% of salary to their own pension and then go on strike because they put money in their own pension.

sorry. I am lost by this reasoning and more so by anybody who actually supports this lets hold the country to ransome attitude.

are we the beleaguered PAYE private sector supposed to top them up ?

GTF

Ronald Reagan showed the way.

you'd probably be aware then that the deregulation of the banking and investment sectors begun primarily during the Reagan and Thatcher years helped get us into this mess in the first place then? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Pal wrote: »
    these people need their heads examining (as Roy Keane would say).

Public Sector contribute 15% of salary to their own pension and then go on strike because they put money in their own pension.

sorry. I am lost by this reasoning and more so by anybody who actually supports this lets hold the country to ransome attitude.

are we the beleaguered PAYE private sector supposed to top them up ?

GTF

Ronald Reagan showed the way.

Public sector have a deal on pay and conditions. That deal is then ripped up to find money to plug a hole in the public finances caused by Reganite deregulation of banking. And the response is to tell them to GTF?

It astonishes me how people are unable to join the dots sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I can join the dots. Its called capitalism.

You may be confusing same with subjective idealism.
    Go on, look it up, you know you want to.

Now back to the point, and politely as we are requested to, please run that one by me again....

Bankers screwed up, so they should be made to top up public service pensions.
    Do I follow you correctly ?

Assuming that is in fact what you are intimating, we will just have to agree to differ. Thank you for your contribution.

Advertisement