Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hugs

Options
  • 03-02-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭

I was in work today, having a bit of a crappy day, and all I wanted was a big hug. Anyone else think hugs are the best thing ever to make you feel better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Blush_01 wrote: »
    I was in work today, having a bit of a crappy day, and all I wanted was a big hug. Anyone else think hugs are the best thing ever to make you feel better?

Hugs to you Blush :). I had a rotten day too :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

YAY for group hugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

I have been told i am useless at hugging - i never know how friendly you should be for a hug. I always kind of angle my body away from the person and just sort of hug the top half and then give a pat on the back. Maybe i just like my personal space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

If I'm in the right mood I can be an exceptional hugger. The trouble is I'm rarely in that mood these days. Boo for grumpy Blush!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the only thing that can nearly beat a good hug on a cold/wet day is a nice cup of tea.

the only thing that can nearly beat a good hug on a cold/wet day is a nice cup of tea.

Never ever was there a truer word said!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I freakin <3 hugs, great when hungover

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

*hugs*

yeh, I totally agree with you. My friend and I try to start our school day with a hug. It takes 2secs but makes 6th year that bit more bearable!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

I had a **** day too, got soaked on my way to work and was miserable. Got picked up by my dad and he gave me a big hug and i felt so much better. hugs rock big time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 nylon

the converse of this is how unpleasant it is when someone you dislike tries to hug you. particularly if they have personal hygiene deficiencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i'm beyond needing a hug these days. how long do you think it'll be before i won't miss them anymore? :)

i'm beyond needing a hug these days. how long do you think it'll be before i won't miss them anymore? :)

Ohh you can't make yourself immune to the hug longing.
    You just have to get the people aound you drunk and take your hugs where you can :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How about when someone puts a cup of tea on your desk, you turn around, and they hug you aswell. Ok, so it won't cure a fatal illness, but it'd give it a good go. Yay for hugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

beertons wrote: »
    How about when someone puts a cup of tea on your desk, you turn around, and they hug you aswell. Ok, so it won't cure a fatal illness, but it'd give it a good go. Yay for hugs!

Suprise hug? Sexual harrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

Oh my god hugs are sooo amazing, a hug from the right person can take all my blues away :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Love Hugs!

I give the *best* hugs...have been told by loadsa friends! Nothing that it cant fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Ohh you can't make yourself immune to the hug longing.
    You just have to get the people aound you drunk and take your hugs where you can :D

are you suggesting i take advantage of drunks???:D noice. who's up first??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭nevershutsup

purplegeko wrote: »
    I have been told i am useless at hugging - i never know how friendly you should be for a hug. I always kind of angle my body away from the person and just sort of hug the top half and then give a pat on the back. Maybe i just like my personal space.

if i need a hug really bad... and i get the ''there there'' pat its worse than getting no hug!!!....

i love hugs makes everything seem better or a good moment great

*hugs to all*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hmmmm ... I may open a hug cafe in Dublin .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

hugz_large.jpg

engrish? wrote: »
    Suprise hug? Sexual harrassment.

No thats surprise sex! :p

Sorry couldn't resist!

Jemmy wrote: »
    No thats surprise sex! :p

only a sexual harrassment if you say no to either:D
    Jemmy wrote: »
    hugz_large.jpg

thank you... made a bad day good again...
    Sabotage wrote: »
    Hmmmm ... I may open a hug cafe in Dublin .....

please do id love this...

thank you... made a bad day good again...

LOLcats always bring a smile to any blues!

haha if they are trying to hug me yes...

although they also bring allergies:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

It took me five hours to get home from work today.

I got attacked by a bunch of snowball-yielding scobes on the way, lost my way when searching for the luas stop (that'll teach me to try a different route in Wizard of Oz weather...), got soaked to the core, my umbrella got blown away and about 100 yards from my house, I fell on my ass right into a slushy, sub zero puddle. I actually cried with frustration.

Oh, and my cold has now been upgraded to a flu.

F*&k I need a hug :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

oh my god thats awful! i hate days like that! you need a *hug* AND a drink!

big hug to you beks...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I love hugs I do.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

haha if they are trying to hug me yes...

although they also bring allergies:(

Ah no your allergic to the lil pussy cats?! :(
    But they are so cute!
    beks101 wrote: »
    It took me five hours to get home from work today.

I got attacked by a bunch of snowball-yielding scobes on the way, lost my way when searching for the luas stop (that'll teach me to try a different route in Wizard of Oz weather...), got soaked to the core, my umbrella got blown away and about 100 yards from my house, I fell on my ass right into a slushy, sub zero puddle. I actually cried with frustration.

Oh, and my cold has now been upgraded to a flu.

F*&k I need a hug :(:(:(

Ah Beks you really had a rough evening, poor thing!
    You need...

big-bear-hug-for-you.jpg

Advertisement