Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

agri hire

• 03-02-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

does anyone one else feel surprised that agriculture equipment hire never got going? I myself could have easily done with a post driver and mole plough but i could not justify purchasing full whack. There are surely loads of other stuff (muck spreaders, lime spreaders, one pass) farmers have the tractors and could drive themselves to cut costs. Weve seen plant hire so why not agri hire now that the building is bust?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

perhaps because the cost of getting a contractor to supply labour and equipment is not much dearer than equipment only hire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I'd say a bigger problem would be with the potential users rather than costs. I'd say it would attract a lot of guys who wouldn't have any respect for the equipment and would wreck it either through negligence or using it beyond its design criteria. Of course, you also have the health and safety implications with PTO shafts, operator training/instruction and the like.
    That said, my local co-op gives out a post driver free of charge if you buy your stakes from them and it's an excellent service.

Advertisement