Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Bargain Alert text Message

• 03-02-2009 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Got a press release into the newsroom today from a crowd who are sending out money off deals and bargains by text. One message a day for 30c. Suppose its worth it if you saved €20 off a meal for 2 or something. Text DEAL to 53030 to sign up and STOP to unsubscribe. I signed up and got a Meal for 2 for the price of 1 in Capt Americas in Tallaght, Mon to Weds only:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

so 30 cents a day for a year is 110 ish quid ...

And you may or may not get something that you want ?

Or you could ... erm ... (does this forum do RSS feeds ?? ) for free or subscribe to the forum with an email once daily ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The people running this shortcode are

53030 Zamano 0818 300048 cs@zamano.com Dublin 8

My experience with premium texts is that you'll need that eventually when you have problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Gives me an idea though, it would be worth getting new Boards Bargain Alerts by text. Especially if you could select the category. Any volunteers willing to write the necessary code? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

Random wrote: »
    The people running this shortcode are

53030 Zamano 0818 300048 cs@zamano.com Dublin 8

My experience with premium texts is that you'll need that eventually when you have problems.

Sh1te, i signed up, what problems am i gonna get:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's my personal opinion but shared by many others.

There isn't enough regulation with premium texts, they seem to have the ability to do what they like and it's very hard to get credit back when they make mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

Random wrote: »
    It's my personal opinion but shared by many others.

There isn't enough regulation with premium texts, they seem to have the ability to do what they like and it's very hard to get credit back when they make mistakes.

Do you reckon 30c is premium? Its the same as sending a comment into Newstalk and you get nothing for that, most times they dont read out the comments either. I cant see how this crowd could be making anything from 30c when the operators fee, cost of sending the text etc are deducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

steve927 wrote: »
    I cant see how this crowd could be making anything from 30c when the operators fee, cost of sending the text etc are deducted.
    Would cost next to nowt for them to send the text - but they would need to be sending a right few to make it all worth their while I'd imagine. Might make summat from the companies offering the bargains too.
    Probably someone's brainchild after the pub when trying to think what might make money in a recession...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

fiver says they lift the bargains off here :p

they'll make 10-20c per text sent out, and charge companies to send out vouchers with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Sounds like a consumer issue to me! No thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

sounds like an idiot tax to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

steve927 wrote: »
    I signed up and got a Meal for 2 for the price of 1 in Capt Americas in Tallaght, Mon to Weds only:mad:
    PWND!

They gave out hundreds of discount cards with that offer, every time you go

and sent out plenty of texts with it for free

Advertisement