Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Volunteers - Beauticians/Make-up Artists

• 03-02-2009 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I volunteer my time to the charity below and I recently got an email from the co-ordinator regarding short supply of volunteers of the programme in the Letterkenny area.

Here's some information on the programme:

Look Good…Feel Better is a charity of the cosmetics industry in Ireland. Administered by the Patient Support Services Department of the Irish Cancer Society, it helps cancer patients deal with the appearance-related side effects of their treatment.

Groups of twelve participants are invited to attend an informal beauty workshop where they receive professional advice on dealing with the visible aspects of treatment and a chance to develop their make-up skills. Each patient will receive a gift box containing approximately twenty-one gifts all of which are generously donated by the cosmetics industry.

The Look Good…Feel Better beauticians take the group through a twelve-step skincare and make up regime. Patients are invited by a member of hospital staff to attend one group demonstration and the programme is completely free. The programme is non-medical and fun and it does not interfere with the patients’ treatment. This year, we will run 100 workshops in Ireland.

We are currently recruiting for volunteer beauty consultants to help with the programme at Letterkenny General Hospital in Donegal. If you are interested, please ring Sabrina on 01 231 0520 or email us info@lgfb.ie

So if you know of a beautician or make-up artist who might be interested please pass on the details. I've done the workshops myself, they only last 1-2 hours and are good fun. Nothing difficult. You can PM me or check out my signature for more info also.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good luck with it.

And before the reported PMs arrive in my inbox this has been quality approved ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Should I take out the contact details? Or leave them? Thanks btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Larianne wrote: »
    Should I take out the contact details? Or leave them? Thanks btw
    Im happy enough with them but if you think its better just to make contact through yourself by PM then it may be better to remove them.

Either way I dont have a problem with the contact details being posted here.

Advertisement