Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My3...

• 03-02-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

What a load a shoite, is it just me or is the online top up facility, etc never ever working......?

do they use the same server as o2...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

What a load a shoite, is it just me or is the online top up facility, etc never ever working......?

They are aware of the problem and are working on it. AFAIK its only for topping up pre paid modems, my3 on phones is not affected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

3 suck!!!! I'm moving to another phone company today because they suck. You should move too.

They have the worst customer service I have EVER EVER stumbled across (way worse than gateway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

online top up facility? do you need to buy a voucher and enter the code or can you use a credit card online or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KeyserSöze

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    online top up facility? do you need to buy a voucher and enter the code or can you use a credit card online or something like that?

Only for broadband AFAIK. You still need to ride Shank's mare to top up your 3Pay phone.

I wouldn't say 3 are "sh*te" - having been on Esat/O2 bill, Eircell/Vodafone bill, Meteor pre-pay and now 3 pre-pay (over the course of ~13 years) I would say my general thinking is:

- they all have pros and cons
    - you get whay you pay for
    - ALL of their customer services facilities are 'sub standard'

As an aside: My favourite one with 3 (so far, after a year) is their inability to stop sending me texts at 3/4/5 a.m. telling me I have used over 5 euro in data over the last month. The message is automated/queued and [a] can't be disabled & can't be set to say 5,000 euro to prevent it arriving in while I sleep. I now have a profile on my phone just for them where the phone can ring in the middle of the night, but texts stay silent!

Only for broadband AFAIK. You still need to ride Shank's mare to top up your 3Pay phone.

after googling what ride shank's mare means i now see i have to walk to the shop. difficult when i'm in stockholm :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 KeyserSöze

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    after googling what ride shank's mare means i now see i have to walk to the shop. difficult when i'm in stockholm :(

Ah yes, that would be a long walk... I joined 3 last year and didn't realise the only avenue open to me for topping up was to go into shops. Ridiculous in this day & age when most other providers let you top up @ ATMs, online, via SMS etc.

Ah yes, that would be a long walk... I joined 3 last year and didn't realise the only avenue open to me for topping up was to go into shops. Ridiculous in this day & age when most other providers let you top up @ ATMs, online, via SMS etc.

true, they seem to do everything on the cheap. currently i have to call them at my own expense from a different phone and give them credit card details to top up

and with this system, once i use a particular card i have to use that card forever. i'm not sure what they plan to do if i lose the card or it expires

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Moved to 3 a few months ago for their pre pay mobile internet. My only gripe is, as people said, not being able to top up online etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Still waiting for Three to open up an online top up facility. And also waiting for Internet banking top up services to introduce this. 3pay has been out for more than two years now... How hard could it be.

as well as my 3 number, i have an 083 number that i ported to meteor and i can't use aib's online top up facility even though it's on meteor because they won't put in an 083 option til they can sort out a deal with 3 :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement