Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

levy to join voafone?

• 03-02-2009 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Is it normal to pay a levy of €150 to join vodafone and have it repaid in 6 months?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's a security deposit to make sure you don't run away without paying bills etc.

I've had to do it in the past with Meteor. I can't confirm the amount but the procedure itself is pretty routine and the figure sounds about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

O7Pat wrote: »
    Is it normal to pay a levy of €150 to join vodafone and have it repaid in 6 months?

its is if (in my experience):

1. you have a bad credit history

2. you owe vodfone money in the past

3. you are unemployed

4. you are a student

5. you are foreign

6. you are a dodgy scamster (can contain one or all of 1-5 above)

its based on your credit score, and the shop has no right to tell you why you have to pay it (your credit score is none of their business) you either pay it and get connected, or dont and er....dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you offer to port your number to Vodafone & Set up your account on direct debit will they wave the €150 deposit....I know 02 and 3 will sometimes do this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

If you offer to port your number to Vodafone & Set up your account on direct debit will they wave the €150 deposit....I know 02 and 3 will sometimes do this....

the operative word there is "sometimes" not every time. i've seen people porting to voda, paying by direct debit, and being asked for the deposit and a further 100 deposit if they want international calls.

Advertisement