Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

happy with transfers?

Options
  • 03-02-2009 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

i'm delighted to see both keane and defoe back where
    they belong, not to sure bout chimbonda don't think he's
    a big game player. i hope palacios turns out to be the
    controling central midfielder we've been missing since
    we stupidly sold carrick

i was hoping that the january window would see us offloading
    some of the deadwood we've been carring, to name but a few
    jenas, bale, bent, bently, huddlestone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Spurs have made some "Unusual" decisions in the transfer market. Cudicini is a good keeper and should do well at spurs once he has had some first team experience. Robbie Keane will definetly do well, given the chance at liverpool he probably would have been successful and lasted a bit longer than 6 months, Defoe is another good return although I don't know if going backwards with the squad is the thing to do. i.e. Chimbonda, Defoe, Keane. David Bentley has been very poor this season, he is trying to be too much of a fla boy with the hair and all. Bale has nothing to be proud of either, he seems to be a bad omen for the team and maybe should have been shipped out in January. Spurs had a £20million bid for Quaresma turned down last year and now he's on loan at chelsea for the year, where's the logic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Ithink there all good signings, but we're still looking weak on the left side..imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

dantes74 wrote: »
    i'm delighted to see both keane and defoe back where
    they belong, not to sure bout chimbonda don't think he's
    a big game player. i hope palacios turns out to be the
    controling central midfielder we've been missing since
    we stupidly sold carrick

i was hoping that the january window would see us offloading
    some of the deadwood we've been carring, to name but a few
    jenas, bale, bent, bently, huddlestone

Surely you jest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

I believe that Huddlestone is more than capable of assuming the Carrick role...he has superb passing ability, shields the ball well and always seems to have time on the ball...Carrick like, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

BOLT wrote: »
    I believe that Huddlestone is more than capable of assuming the Carrick role...he has superb passing ability, shields the ball well and always seems to have time on the ball...Carrick like, no?

Unfortunately, he can't tackle and he's lazy and slow (and slightly overweight).:mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

At least we didn't buy John Terry...............or is that his real name?????
    The Real John Terry

I didn't agree with us buying Keane back...thought adding a few Million to what we payed for him would have got us Santa Cruz from Blackburn.
    A younger player with a longer playing career ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

cudicini......yes, brilliant keeper.
    defoe.......yes, great finisher
    chimbonda....not really, had a bad season IMO his last yr for spurs
    keane.....think he will do well but will have to prove harrys decision to make him captain.
    palacios...???? think the price tag may weight down a little on him and im unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Not a Spurs fan but I am delighted Keane is back playing for a manager who actually appreciates rates him and won't be playing ridiculous mind games with him.

Can only be good for the Irish team....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

BOLT wrote: »

huddlestone is a bit of a mystery to me. when ramos came in
    first huddlestone really stepped up to the plate and played brilliant
    for about 5 games and then dissappeared into obscurity
    when redknapp came in first huddlestone really stepped up to the
    plate and played brilliant for about 5 games and then........
    the boy has tons of talent but is just pure lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

dantes74 wrote: »
    huddlestone is a bit of a mystery to me. when ramos came in
    first huddlestone really stepped up to the plate and played brilliant
    for about 5 games and then dissappeared into obscurity
    when redknapp came in first huddlestone really stepped up to the
    plate and played brilliant for about 5 games and then........
    the boy has tons of talent but is just pure lazy
    About right..;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

keane=cock wrote: »
    cudicini......yes, brilliant keeper.
    Defoe.......yes, great finisher
    chimbonda....not really, had a bad season IMO his last yr for spurs
    keane.....think he will do well but will have to prove harrys decision to make him captain.
    palacios...???? think the price tag may weight down a little on him and im unsure.

Cudicini was the Deal of the window for me, what a great bit of business, on a free, what a steel for a world class goalie!
    Defoe is a great finisher, but needs a good partner to show his best - plus 15/16mil was a bit much.....but if he got goals it would be good business, unfortunately because of the injury it was a bit of a waste of money, well to help save our season, but that was our luck!
    Keane, I think Defoe's injury hastened this purchase, not that it is terrible, he can come back and slot in very easily into the team, unlike a foreign player, or even someone from another club - price was good, and he will get out on the field and try his best and show commitment, something that has been lacking for me.
    Chimbo, not a bad buy for 3m, he is very versatile (LB/CB/RB) and as he showed in his game V Bolton, he can create chances for strikers. he will also pop up now and again with an important goal himself, he will also come out and give it a real go (for a while anyway) so for 3mil in Jan window, no complaints
    Palacios - this boy could end up being a Spurs legend, and may well save our bacon this season - we have been missing a strong hard (good) tackling DMF for some time, and on his performance against Arse, this boy could be the real deal - still young, and needs more time to tell his full value, yes 12 mil was a lot, but maybe, just maybe it will be a steal........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i was not too sure on the palacios signing as ive not seen all that much of him and i think he was bought for around 1 mill n we paid 14ish for him but after his performances aginst ARSEnal....... money well spent if he does that week in week out.

he is not only as strong as a bull he even looks a little like one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

palacios is a great signing i tink.... better then huddlestone and zokora in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Balto Yid

agreed palacios is a cracking player, wish harry would give gio more of a chance to prove himself on the left

Advertisement