Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft Raft Race - Trim

Options
  • 04-02-2009 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Its that time of year again. Time to think about what floats your boat. No aeroboard allowed. The 3rd annual Paddys Day Daft Raft Race in Trim! Anyone entering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pazza

Please explain - what is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

The race starts at 1PM at the swimming pool in Trim and finishes at the new road bridge. Teams can enter the 2 man or 4 man category. Think its 25 euro per person and the proceeds go to Trim Canoe Club to pay for new polo boats. There are also prizes for best dressed raft and titanic award for first to sink. Its good crack. Better than looking at a parade of tractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055225954&highlight=daft+raft

I will try to get more pics this year too :D:D Great fun to watch last year even if the icy wind cut you in 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

cue wrote: »
    Its good crack. Better than looking at a parade of tractors.

Amen to that... But did I hear they got a new fire engine this year? :eek: The excitement is too much!

I'm quite interested in the raft race this year, think I might get my thinking cap on next week, try round up a few troops, gather a few ideas.

I think the closing date is fast approaching for entrants for the raft race. There are posters up around the town for details. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

The race starts at 1PM at the swimming pool in Trim and finishes at the new road bridge.

The new bridge? You mean the old one. The new one is only 20 yards from the swimming pool ;)

The new ROAD bridge Valentia. ;) Did you get any pics? Mighty crack as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

The new ROAD bridge Valentia. ;) Did you get any pics? Mighty crack as usual.

LOL! there is a newer ROAD bridge beside the pool too :D

I've put some pics here. I'll stick some more up when I get a chance.

Advertisement