Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspected Springsteen Plagiarism

Options
  • 04-02-2009 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

Read this in the paper today. I searched for the clip on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uANKzbaucU

There are similarities, but it's hardly plagiarism from the Boss??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I think he cited it at the end of the album using the Harvard referencing style so its okay.....
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

I think is was probably my least favourite track on the album just ahead of 'A NIght with the Jersey Devil' neither of them have the classic Springsteen sound. The lyrics for Outlaw Pete are a bit ridiculus as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Maybe someone here can answer. It's related so not too off topic. Thunderroad is the same as Bat out of Hell. It's the same song. But which came first? I've done a bit of investigation but none clearer. Thunderroad came out a few month before Bat but wasn't Meatloaf dragging that rock opera donkey around town for years before he finally put it together in the studio.

(I can be wrong in all of the above and I'm looking for clarity on the issue. Same song either way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

This kinda stuff is probably going to be coming up more often now. The Chill Peppers vs. Tom Petty started it but Petty chose not to sue . Then that bald headed moron got in a huff and took Chris Martin to task so now the precedant's been set - any internet user who spots a similarity between 2songs can put together a boobs tube video and let the snowball roll. It's been happening for years but (if I'm not mistaken) these are the first cases of the internet spreading the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

humberklog wrote: »
    Maybe someone here can answer. It's related so not too off topic. Thunderroad is the same as Bat out of Hell. It's the same song. But which came first? I've done a bit of investigation but none clearer. Thunderroad came out a few month before Bat but wasn't Meatloaf dragging that rock opera donkey around town for years before he finally put it together in the studio.

(I can be wrong in all of the above and I'm looking for clarity on the issue. Same song either way).

Really? I must have a listen when I go home coz I love both of these artists and have seen them live and never put it together...

• Advertisement
Advertisement