Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing/re-colouring a wrist tattoo

• 04-02-2009 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know a good place in Dublin where a wrist tattoo can be re coloured, it has faded because of chlorine. Apparently loads of artists refuse to touch it because its on the wrist and near veins? (Its my girlfriends.)

I thought these were common enough, why would people refuse to do it? She was advised to colour it in purple but it definately needs something because skin colour is coming through it.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

I went into Inkwell for advise on a wrist cover up. Mark in there was very helpful indeedy. He deals with the walk ins so if he's not busy he'll have a chat with you about it there and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Thanks, I'll tell her to try that place. Aaron Quay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackbox1

faigs wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know a good place in Dublin where a wrist tattoo can be re coloured, it has faded because of chlorine. Apparently loads of artists refuse to touch it because its on the wrist and near veins? (Its my girlfriends.)

I thought these were common enough, why would people refuse to do it? She was advised to colour it in purple but it definately needs something because skin colour is coming through it.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.
    It's obvious no one wants to fix it. As for veins ??!!!! excuse. And chlorine ?? Did she go swimming while it was in the process of healing. All studio's tell their customers not to use the pool for at least 2wks !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

blackbox1 wrote: »
    It's obvious no one wants to fix it. As for veins ??!!!! excuse. And chlorine ?? Did she go swimming while it was in the process of healing. All studio's tell their customers not to use the pool for at least 2wks !!!

They never said that she went swimming during healing. Sometimes tattoos fade, some fade faster than others, and a lot of artists don't like touching up tattoos that weren't done by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Well it wasn't the touch up that people wouldn't do, it was when she just wanted a tattoo there in the first place when she was 18. (She's 23 now) She's a fitness instructor so was in the pool a lot in the months after getting it.

She hasn't gone to anyone regarding a touch up yet. No artist said anything about veins, I was just speculating as to why in general artists would not like to tattoo that region.

• Advertisement

faigs wrote: »
    Well it wasn't the touch up that people wouldn't do, it was when she just wanted a tattoo there in the first place when she was 18. (She's 23 now) She's a fitness instructor so was in the pool a lot in the months after getting it.

She hasn't gone to anyone regarding a touch up yet. No artist said anything about veins, I was just speculating as to why in general artists would not like to tattoo that region.

In the months after in a pool would not effect the quality of the tattoo. It sound like a poor job done. A lot of artists don't want to fix other peoples work.

Gauge wrote: »
    They never said that she went swimming during healing. Sometimes tattoos fade, some fade faster than others, and a lot of artists don't like touching up tattoos that weren't done by them.

the post had a ref to chlorine !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

blackbox1 wrote: »
    A lot of artists don't want to fix other peoples work.

Why is that?

Advertisement