Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gender Option?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Women can use this smiley if they like emot-j.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Dammit my name appears again in feedback.

I think this is a case of abortions for some, miniature american flags for others?
    /thread.

(Did I spell it right Javaboy?;))

• Registered Users Posts: 83,231 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dammit my name appears again in feedback.

I think this is a case of abortions for some, miniature american flags for others?
    /thread.

(Did I spell it right Javaboy?;))
    mini-DSC03321.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Just make sure you allow options other than male and female. Otherwise you've got a Rozie thread on your hands.
    seamus wrote:
    The other problem is that there are known quantities of the male population who think it's funny not only to tell people online that they're female, but also to act out the part. I believe it would be a good target for trolls to sign up a nick, mark it female and then start a load of, "I'm so innocent, I'm going out tonight, where do I go, tee hee hee" threads.

That reminds me. Must ask Boston if he's infiltrated SapphicIreland of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Women can use this smiley if they like emot-j.gif

hehe , I like that!:D

I don't really see the point in having a male/female option thingy. I'll respond to a post regardless of the poster's gender. I really don't see the need for it, or how it would make some posts easier to understand. If their gender is really crucial to the argument (and I don't really see why it would be), surely you could just ask them if they're male or female?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Meh, I don't really see the point to be honest. People will stll presume I'm male unless told otherwise (I would have though the meerkat avatar was fairly feminine but there you go).

For some reason it's the Aus/NZ forum where I get called he most (although it has happened in other places). I think a lot of the people who use the forum have recently signed up and think there's no way a lay-dee could be a moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

watna wrote: »
    I think a lot of the people who use the forum have recently signed up and think there's no way a lay-dee could be a moderator.
    Well we have had women prime ministers and female presidents .

There has to be a balance between the sex's .I mean you could'nt have women asking men about womens things now could you ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If a user wants to say they are male or female thats fine but its pointless adding an icon,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Too easy for predators. No.

nein_owl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

How about a compromise?
    Say a flashing read light beside their usernames once a month or so to warn mankind not to cross them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What a sister site called "Flow.ie. Now yer bleedin" ?
    Can't see that taking off some how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 inordertobeable

Thaedydal wrote: »
    What a sister site called "Flow.ie. Now yer bleedin" ?
    Can't see that taking off some how.

http://pmsbuddy.com/

Now you're bleeding and have no excuse!

Advertisement