Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Counting Machines

Options
  • 04-02-2009 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any of those coin counting machines about in the city center? Maybe in the Credit Union or a Bank? I've seem them around the place in Ennis and they seem easier to go to than the bank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you mean coin counting, there is one in the Spar/PostOffice in Castletroy. I think there is something like 10% commission on the conversion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Yeah most of them seem to have a high rate for commission but apparently ones inside credit unions don't take a charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

There's one @ the Centra/Supermac's on the Dock Rd, but I remember seeing the commission rate and thinking it was a complete rip-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

exiot wrote: »
    Yeah most of them seem to have a high rate for commission but apparently ones inside credit unions don't take a charge

Or save the comission & count it yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

There used to be one in the Spar shop in Ballycummin, Raheen, but not sure if its still there. They charged 10% too IRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

seriously, the banks should all have these machines as a matter of courtesy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GRATTAN23

I know that there are two in Limerick, one in Spar Castletroy, and one in Centra Dock Rd, maybe more but dont know them. They charge 9.5% for the service. A lot of these machines seem to be 12.5% now

Advertisement