Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I live in hope! But temp now 1.1c DP 0.0c

That band of ppn is moving very slowly eastwards but seems to have a heavier pulse moving down along it (into NI).

Dublin/Wicklow mountains should get snow soon.

On the 0700 radar, Dublin is in a bit of a ppn sandwich with two streaks of heavier ppn - on to the east and one to the west - the one to the west is over Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

A small amount of snow on the ground in Navan and very icy some more snowfall starting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !! Couple of inches here in Donegal Town. Still Snowing lightly. Main bypass pure white... very little traffic. Took long enough but we finally got it !! Woohooo !!:):):)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I live in hope! But temp now 1.1c DP 0.0c

That band of ppn is moving very slowly eastwards but seems to have a heavier pulse moving down along it (into NI).

Dublin/Wicklow mountains should get snow soon.

On the 0700 radar, Dublin is in a bit of a ppn sandwich with two streaks of heavier ppn - on to the east and one to the west - the one to the west is over Newbridge.

Its seems like the the ppn from the west is moving really slowly

http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=2009&maand=02&uur=10&minuut=00&dag=05&id=633694193962978803&type=expbld

still hanging around about 11am , although i dont know how accurate that chart is in the above link,

temp is 0.4c and DP -0.8 , if it stays around that it could be an eventful morning

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

temp is 0.4c and DP -0.8 , if it stays around that it could be an eventful morning

Indeed - if I get snow here, it will be my fourth day of falling snow! Still have snow on the ground here so already on fourth day of lying snow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

here is a pic , still coming down heavy ! Took it on my iPhone so dont know if its any use

Temp and DP still holding

Great stuff!

1.2c with DP of 0.2c here now........I'll get my coat!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

That front must be the slowest moving one ever. I'm in dry zone in between. I suppose when I does come over head it will snow for a while.
    Temperature here is 0.1°C so its still dripping outside but very slowly, loads of snow still on the ground.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Small amount on the ground here in Kells. Lightly snowing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Snowed in Ardee overnight, there is a dusting but it's so sparce it hasn't settled under trees etc.

Hope there's more on the way today, but I doubt it.

• Advertisement

Light snow showers being reported now at Dublin AP at 1c/0c.

Bring it on! Going to be very touch and go. 1.3c here now DP 0.3c

Little sleety flakes falling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Supposedly its pelting it down in clane at the mo, why didnt it happen 2 hours ago??? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

Very light snow here in Citywest :)

Definitely very light and little snow flakes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

snowing in carlow and sticking, very fine powdery snow, calming down a little now, dont expect it to stay as snow by the looks of things though....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts

Temperature: 0.8 °C
    Dew Point: 0.4 °C

Very fine light snow. There was nothing when I woke up and it's too wet to settle anywhere apart form the cars.

Just spoke to a guy who made it through Barnsmore gap no problem...Letterkenny Clear also. Now that makes a change ! Stopped snowing now in Donegal Town.. but sky still looks havy with the white stuff !

Light snow falling here.
    0.8c/-0.5c

Moderate/ heavy snow falling again Donegal Town:)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

clear in Letterkenny, snowing at bit but not really sticking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Light rain D11.

Btw pistol how dud u get ur iphone pics onto boards? Did u upload to PC first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

ah lovely just woke up.ground is gettin whiter and whiter.all staying.ah bless its little soul.result once again!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Light rain D11.

Btw pistol how dud u get ur iphone pics onto boards? Did u upload to PC first?

Very light snow/sleet falling, also D11.

Temp 0.9, DP 0.3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Blue Stacks; Donegal.

Snowing again here.... clouds came in from nowhere. Barely a centimetre though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Hugh clap of thunder
    Seem to be 2 or 3 simultaneous lighting flashes and a long long rumble
    Light rain 1.9/+0.5C

That ppn is moving anywhere fast - i.e. not over me! :( Not sure if I want it now as DP is 0.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Light rain here in the Port.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

At least wind is from NNW rather than E, maybe it'll keep temp, DP from rising too fast near the coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

light snow in clondalkin & leixlip -

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

temp 1c dp -0.6c.that precip movin slow over me so provided temps stay ok i.ll be gettin snow for a long time:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement