Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

meanwhile still snowing here also heavier!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Using Snowbies weather station.

It's 1.3c/0.4c here atm.

Light snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

80/20 snow/sleet in dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Getting heavier still, here.

Heavier fall of snow, bigger flakes

• Advertisement

The wet grounds not getting much out of this, but what's already snow/ice and the cars are getting topped up nicely.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Proper light snow has started here now. 1.4c DP 0.5c

Moderate now and sticking! If it's snowing with WC, Ican't wait for ppn to move in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing very heavy here in south donegal ,place is covered in whiteness, but the sun is still trying to break through, nice to see a covering non the less.
    I think it will be short lived ,its snowing and its sunny.

Heavier clump creeping southeastwards.

Might slip too far east of here now!

Looking a good clump though.

Meanwhile heavier bust stopped and quite wet out now.

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=09:50;sx=276;sy=289;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=bc61a2fbe468c51949b814583076a22f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

More sleety, though the flakes are bigger.
    What is settling is bordering on slush
    0.7/-0.3C

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Very light sprinkling of now on the ground here since last night, but no snow has fallen since.

Starting to ease off here, still as heavy but smaller flakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Now flakes have stopped and its ice pellets

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pangea wrote: »
    Snowing very heavy here in south donegal ,place is covered in whiteness, but the sun is still trying to break through, nice to see a covering non the less.
    I think it will be short lived ,its snowing and its sunny.

Same here. The hills got a decent covering.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

They've loads of snow again in England, any chance we'll get some of that goodness??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jimmyskank

BIG juicy flakes falling and sticking in West Wicklow!! Sun holiday any1?:D

Back to graupelly stuff here before the main batch misses us :pac:

I wish the ground wasn't already really wet, there would be a good covering by now. :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Eased off here now too but what did fall stuck readily to surfaces which is encouraging.

1.2c DP 0.3c

CianRyan wrote: »
    I wish the ground wasn't already really wet, there would be a good covering by now. :(

Yep quite abit of precip has fallen here, a hard frost would have made all the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

About three quarters of an inch has falling here so far today (hills north of the Kilkenny city).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

jimmyskank wrote: »
    BIG juicy flakes falling and sticking in West Wicklow!! Sun holiday any1?:D
    I wish,between doom and gloom and Mr Oleary charging for everything and anything,the snow will have to do for now:cool:.

Have a fear this big batch is just gona slide to the east of me and wallop the City Center with a blizzard!!!!!

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=10:05;sx=280;sy=295;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=9edccec7f26f113f8df401d30b3bd1b1

This will be the moment of truth for my locale! The last chance i think.....:pac:

Shes getting bigger!!

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=10:10;sx=280;sy=295;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=9edccec7f26f113f8df401d30b3bd1b1

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Shes getting bigger!!

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=10:10;sx=280;sy=295;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=9edccec7f26f113f8df401d30b3bd1b1

When is this gonna hit ? Looks close !

Temps very borderline, going by snowbies were talking 1.4c/0.6c

We have graupel at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Just noticed this warning from the met.

Issued at 05 February 2009 - 10:08
    Severe Weather Warning

Staying very cold today and tonight. Further sleet and snow showers today over much of Leinster and parts of east Munster. Scattered sleet and snow showers on north and northwest coasts today, becoming more widespread over Ulster and north Connacht tonight. Widespread frost and ice patches tonight also.

francosp wrote: »
    When is this gonna hit ? Looks close !

Next 20 mins buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Brace for impact! :pac:

Shes getting bigger!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement