Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Big Dee

Snowing heavily in Dundalk but melting as it reaches surface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

How can Met Eireann get is so wrong! No warning put out for people. Dublin will be chaos. Its just not on really. They are putting people's lives at risk with their crap service.!!

Its gone beyond a joke now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Anyone know if the tables have turned and kerry will get some today?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I'm about 2 miles from Sandyford, 0.8c, but also look at: http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

Thats very good , cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Doyler1981

Will the snow get as far as Kilcock or is it head south?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Been snowing here for a while, still coming down but doesn't seem to be as heavy.
    Attached pic of outside the house :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Those clouds dont look like they will push west. How ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Snowing lightly in Blanchardstown now

Is it sticking in Blanch? Is it getting heavier and do you thuink it will continue??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Too light now! And beginning to thaw!

Is there more coming!!?

Pity it wasnt like 4pm!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

dedon wrote: »
    How can Met Eireann get is so wrong! No warning put out for people. Dublin will be chaos. Its just not on really. They are putting people's lives at risk with their crap service.!!

This weather is so marginal that if they had forecast heavy snow, nobody would have gone to work and you'd have the likes of IBEC screaming! They can't win.

It's nature - cannot be predicted with accuracy.

Anyway Met E did forecast snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Defcol wrote: »
    What's it like in Navan at the mo?

The snow turned to sleet and then it all melted away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

severe weather warning issued yesterday. Met said yesterday's respite would not last more than a day. Weather last night gave warning of snow showers, some prolonged & very cold conditions.

Based on this, I changed work plans. - Seems to have held up near exactly as they said.

How much more warning is required??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Portmarnock says WE WANT MORE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Snowing very heavy in Dublin 6W. I has really started to build up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 AlphaMike

D1 is still getting heavy snowfalls! Starting to stick to the ground but still a long way to go yet before we can starting dancing!

Traffic will be catastophic later. Start leaving now!
    Anyone got a spare bobsleigh?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

:confused:

ME warning

And from experience of last couple days, it doesn't put many people off anyway.

They damned if they do and it doesn't snow and they're damned if they don't and it does.

This event is so marginal between snow and rain it could and still could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭hawkwing

still pelting down in dundrum,flakes go from big to medium,building up on roads also now.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Still belting down in D1 but it seems as if its thawing as it hits the ground.

Not sticking, only accumulations on cars etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Is it sticking in Blanch? Is it getting heavier and do you thuink it will continue??

No not sticking, the place is soaking! Coming down quickly enough but still small flakes. You'll have to ask one of the experts if it's expected to continue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

Snowing in city center for a while now - tiny flakes, not stikcing, and i think its turning to rain...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Viability is way down in Tallaght, I can't see large buildings less than 1km away.
    Usually you could see them with ease, even the heavy snow in the past few days you could see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sticking even more in Dundrum, alternating between moderate and heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 AlphaMike

Snow in D1 is now turning to sleet/rain!

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Back to rain
    A slushy mess!
    1.2/0.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Ole, Ole ole ole ole!!

3/4 of an inch here now, 2 cm in Napoleonic. The prettiest day I've seen in dublin in my year and a half of living in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Smaller flakes now. Think its turning to rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

met.ie three day outlook:

Further occasional wintry showers will affect the north and parts of the west on Friday night, with snowfall on high ground; however, it will be mostly clear elsewhere, with severe or very severe frost setting in widely as northwest winds slacken. Isolated wintry showers will still occur near northern and northwestern coasts on Saturday but the rest of the country will be dry and largely sunny; temperatures will improve a little during the day and winds will be light but it will still feel rather cold. Another hard frost will set in early on Saturday night under clear skies but rain, preceded by sleet or snow, will arrive in the west and southwest later. The mix of rain, sleet and snow will spread to remaining parts of the country during Sunday, with significant snowfall possible in parts of Ulster. A clearance will arrive on Sunday night, with showers affecting northern and western counties, while clearing skies bring frost and possibly ice to other areas as southwest to west winds slacken. Monday next will see wintry showers affecting northern and western coastal counties, outbreaks of rain or sleet in southern counties but mainly dry, bright conditions elsewhere; it will stay rather cold overall but winds should remain light generally. On Monday night, the rain and sleet in the south will clear away but wintry showers will persist in the north and northwest; widespread sharp to severe frost will set in, with a risk of freezing fog patches also.

so no real let up in the cold weather in sight. it really is remarkable stuff that it is staying cold for so long without a milder atlantic incursion. it must be due to the negative north atlantic oscillation and this famous stratospheric warming effect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Still snowing in Killester, hopefully it'll stay snowing for a while :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Still coming down nicely in Sandyford , This is great ! I have seen more snow this week than i can remember ever seeing in my life (born in 83)

Attached a pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Still very heavy here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement