Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hammy_ire

getting lighter in Donnybrook and sky seems to be brightening...unfortunately! nice amount of snow lying!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Getting very slushy now!!

Oh well twas fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Still coming down in Dundrum, light to moderate. Been snowing constantly for 2 hours now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hammy_ire

hammy_ire wrote: »
    getting lighter in Donnybrook and sky seems to be brightening...unfortunately! nice amount of snow lying!

Ok back to real heavy snow again - game on!!! Just when i thought it was turning to rain...man i wish i wasnt in work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Thawing again here but still snowing heavy.
    Odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Light sleet in TCD and any snow on grass/rooftops is melting quite quickly. Some cars going by on road are absolutely covered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Raining in Merrion Square ahhh well

BH

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

The little snow that stuck is now melted.

That was a quick thaw.

Would like to see a hard freeze soon after dark and then a heavy snowfall.

Obviously it would make driving really dangerous, but Id like to see it anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Lighter
    0.8/0.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

Belting it down in Blackrock (top of Carysfort Ave).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

Snowing heavy in Castleknock but no sign of it sticking yet, too slushy!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    1.3°C here and snizzle! With no coverage on cleared surfaces, even cars.

Ahhhhh! :P

Bucketing down still. 0.9c DP 0.3c

Just saw my neighbour driving up the road (snow is compacting on road rather than slush tracks). She turned in to her gateway and slid into the gate pillar!

Really coming down now!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Raining now in D1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Nice big snowflakes in Sandyford again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Back to sleety rain in the Port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tizzy

snowing all morning in Kells area ..... not sticking though ... :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

been snowing for past 5 to 6 hours didnt expect this at all, however the snow has been very light most of the time and hasnt really made any impact on the lying snow from tuesdays fall. The snowfall certainly nowhere near as heavy as in the pics posted earlier in this tread.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Turned to rain/sleet in Blanchardstown :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Think i will say to the boss I am going to head off early , what do you think ? Am i over reacting ? In Sandyford and have to go to Newbridge , Dont fancy a repeat of my 5 and half hours home on Monday night,

Not easing up at all in Sandyford

Snows gone, light rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Think i will say to the boss I am going to head off early , what do you think ? Am i over reacting ? In Sandyford and have to go to Newbridge , Dont fancy a repeat of my 5 and half hours home on Monday night,

Better to be safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Just checked manual rain gauge and I've had more than 10mm since 9am. If that was all snow it would be about 10cm. The AWS gauge being at 1.2m doesn't catch a lot of the precipitation compared to the manual gauge on ground.

Depth about 1cm mainly slush

Sleet at moment and as I type back to snow.
    0.8C/0.1C

Light snow is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Melting fast at the moment!

Made a pathetic snowman :D

Got really bad there round 1130 walking up the road, 20 mins of snow turned the road into a deathtrap and everything was covered.

At the height of it, an inch was on the turf:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Are DPs dropping at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Blackrock (in Dublin) is pretty heavy! Snowflakes the size of golf balls coming down fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Baybay

i_attach.gif1 attachment(s)i_onecare.gifIMG00001-...jpg
    I hope this attached properly!

Taken near Brittas Bay at about 10.40 this morning. Still snowing and sticking here although I can hear water running in the gutters.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

M50 and roads around Sandyford are chaos again, apparantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Anyone know if more snow is expected for Dublin today ? Don't fancy the journey home on the M50 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

starting again in dame st. small. slushy. but still white!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement