Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

What are the chances of snow in meath?? likely? unlikely?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Left Sandyford Early to come home to Newbridge , M50 was fine , No snow on it at all N7 was also fine ,

Got home to Newbridge and there was hardly any snow left ! Strange really as the highest the temp rose al day was 1.5c and the dp never rose above 0.0c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

That big shower that affected here is going to move into the City centre and cause a mayhem filled rush hour:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I just advised my parents to come home early a few minutes ago.

The hill in Dundrum was lots of fun :)

A bit sideways a few times getting up it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Snow is light but steady in D2 right now. Sticking well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

That big shower that affected here is going to move into the City centre and cause a mayhem filled rush hour:eek:

It's already here...I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

snow stopped in Swords about 30 minutes and is melting rapidly. I have never seen snow melt so quick. All that can be heard outside is drip, dripd drip. Really strange. Big black clouds rolling in again.

Left Sandyford Early to come home to Newbridge , M50 was fine , No snow on it at all N7 was also fine ,

Got home to Newbridge and there was hardly any snow left ! Strange really as the highest the temp rose al day was 1.5c and the dp never rose above 0.0c
    Not strange at all actually given the precipitation was and is staying near the coast.
    Newbridge is too far inland.

You may see snow on sunday evening though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

ooooh the humanity of it all, snow everywhere:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Good few cm's in booterstown earlier right down to the coast. Nothing here in Bray appearantly. gf reporting heavy snow in dundrum atm with 5 or 6 inches down now

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Service disruptions due to bad weather conditions
    Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that due to the current bad weather there are some disruptions and delays to a number of our services.

Please see below for a list of routes currently affected.

Route 15b
    Is operating to Anne Devlin Park, it is currently unable to access Whitechurch.

Route 16
    Is operating to Pearse Park on the Grange Road.

Route 44b
    Is operating to the Blue Church in Kilternan.

Route 47
    Is operating to the main Road in Belarmine, Belarmine Estate is not being served.

Route 65
    Is operating to Blessington. Ballymore Eustace and Ballyknockan are not being served.

Route 74
    Is operating to Ballycullen and Stocking Lane is not being served.

Route 114
    Is operating to Kilcross. Lamb's Cross, Lamb Doyles and Ticknock are not being served.

Route 185
    Is operating to Enniskerry. Kilgarron and Shop River are not being served.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and advise customers to allow extra time for their journey and to check the website regularly for further service updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

trogdor wrote: »
    Good few cm's in booterstown earlier right down to the coast. Nothing here in Bray appearantly. gf reporting heavy snow in dundrum atm with 5 or 6 inches down now

know what the situation is in the dalkey area? I suppose no snow as it shares Bray's 'mildness'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Snow steady and very heavy up in leopardstown Heights. Been housebound all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, looks like I'm walking halfway home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Looking good for ulster tonight and tomorrow, met uk just update and gave warnings for NI

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

EDIT: Warning is for widespread ICE

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Not strange at all actually given the precipitation was and is staying near the coast.
    Newbridge is too far inland.

You may see snow on sunday evening though.

I suppose so, as i was leaving this morning the place was getting an absolute pasting and had been for an hour or so,

Anyway I enjoyed what was on offer in Sandyford and the half day from work so I wont complain !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Got out early and gettin 16 pretty bad there in rathfarnham other night wi conditions and traffic. More of the same2nite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Pangea wrote: »
    Looking good for ulster tonight and tomorrow, met uk just update and gave warnings for NI

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

EDIT: Warning is for widespread ICE

I think that's just for icy roads, I doubt if Fermanagh will get too much snow (its much too close to me!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

Hey Weathercheck, any chance of a new radar image please? Would love to see where that latest shower is now. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jimmyskank

Has been snowing in Blessington since 8 this morn non-stop and its getting worse, nice powdery snow on top of the 3-4 inches of ice! Am I living in a different country to every1 else??:eek:

Should seemingly be on me but isnt!

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=16:05;sx=265;sy=304;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=c5e56690486735cd2ddbe35d822fcf63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Snows stopped, doesn't seem to me melting this time.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

'Official' garden table measurment 80mm or just over 3 inches and still snowing heavily.

0.6c DP 0.2c - lowest temp of the day.

Snow has settled here near Blackrock after melting a bit earlier.

Still fairly coming down.

Shower seemed to bypass me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Should seemingly be on me but isnt!

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=16:05;sx=265;sy=304;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=c5e56690486735cd2ddbe35d822fcf63

Wow thats some streamer!, somewheres getting dumped on for sure!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Stopped in D2. Anything more on the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Light enough snow falling in North Kilkenny, it has not stopped all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I remember years ago going drinking in Dun Laoghaire with mates and coming out to a full on blizzard that covered everything in deep snow. Thing is a few miles north and south got nothing, the radar looked exactly like that!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement