Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

WC - can you keep those radar images coming? I feel I'm gonna be hit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Jesus, the snow storm in sandyford is amazing. Even the traffic can't shift it. They are barely leaving tracks on the road. How long is this expected to last. Please be snowed in tomorrow morning. It always starts during the day when you don't want it for driving home. Early morning snow FTW!

Many hours, could be some total come 9pm

arctictree wrote: »
    WC - can you keep those radar images coming? I feel I'm gonna be hit!!

But the pain of it all:eek:

Building over my fair shores and heading to the southside! Damn you!

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=16:55;sx=270;sy=312;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=79bbd55eb69423ec4cc386fa87ee38f1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Hope you don't get hysterical now! :D

Snow back full on!

lol, hysterical moi!, sure tis only a we drop compared to what us mountain men are used to :pac::pac::D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Many hours, could be some total come 9pm

Yay!! Feel sorry for the people who weren't let off work early though:p

• Advertisement

According to that radar its dry here, which i promise you it aint!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

I don't think Dundalk will get any snow, I can feel it in my bones. We'll just get rain, rain rain. Maybe a bit of a sleet. Sure the place is soaking, if it were to snow it wouldn't stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Bone dry here 30 miles due south of trogdor.

dont worry on its way& when she falls holy SH** - V heavy in Bray last 20 min - unbelievable really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

What's the chances of snow in Donegal tomorrow morning WC? (crosses fingers and toes praying for day off):D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snoddy wrote: »
    I don't think Dundalk will get any snow, I can feel it in my bones. We'll just get rain, rain rain. Maybe a bit of a sleet. Sure the place is soaking, if it were to snow it wouldn't stick.

If it snowed strong enough it would!:D

• Advertisement

Snoddy wrote: »

No looks like the precip is going be to far south and as the winds shift more N of east, the showers will stop.

Same for here too except im just painstakingly close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

It is dry here
    1.6/0.5C

Still have the 1cm lying.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

But the pain of it all:eek:

Building over my fair shores and heading to the southside! Damn you!

I do actually feel for you!

0.8c DP 0.5c

I'm using the old hope for the worst strategy and aiming to be pleasantly surprised...

Conditions five mins ago here in the yard , which is now completely white.

snowy_evening.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

So, should we expect any snow inland this evening/tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

Hey weathercheck loving the thread. is there any chance that that storm could head west towards lucan, blanch, castleknock, tallaght etc

Just started with small hail
    1.5/0.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

North Kildare in the firing line??? Anyone??? could really do with tomorrow off

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

joe316 wrote: »
    North Kildare in the firing line??? Anyone??? could really do with tomorrow off

Dont think so , precip seems to be hugging the east coast

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

So, should we expect any snow inland this evening/tonight?

Not from the east anyway - only chance might be showers making it in from the west/north-west.

Light snow atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Is Finglas gonna be hit by that steamer ?

Mostly slush here now after the heavy downpour earlier !

Mothman wrote: »
    Just started with small hail
    1.5/0.3C
    Can you ascertain speed velocity and intent of said snowstorm? :D

In other words the ETA for here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Just starting to snow here again in Ashbourne. Been dry all day after overnight snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Supercell wrote: »
    Conditions five mins ago here in the yard , which is now completely white.

Nice one. Our place is like that too. Feckin snow everywhere. We havn't budged from here since Monday!

Starting to run low on supplies...

A

Wow, end of days stuff, expecting thunder any moment its so heavy!!

I'm not jealous........ :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Heavy Snow again in ballybrack after a brief lull:D

False alarm, lasted 30 secs nothing coming down now.
    1.5/0.5C

• Advertisement

arctictree wrote: »
    Nice one. Our place is like that too. Feckin snow everywhere. We havn't budged from here since Monday!

Starting to run low on supplies...

A

Roads around you there Arcticree must be in a pretty bad state in this weather now, have easily a cm of fresh snow in the last 15mins on the roads, on the covered areas its probably close to 2cm, great stuff!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement