Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭highdef

Any chance of one more radar image please? About to head off from work in west Dublin and will be going through the north city so wanna see if it's gonna hit the north city. Thanks in advance. Just cloudy here in D8 west. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Good bit on cars and other surfaces except roads, dusting there. 0.7C/-0.3C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

arctictree wrote: »
    Nice one. Our place is like that too. Feckin snow everywhere. We havn't budged from here since Monday!

Starting to run low on supplies...

A

I know a guy from roundwood been in a hotel for 2 days ... lol

If you get hungry send the smoke signals & we will airlift you something - any idea what Calary is like ???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snow sticking to EVERYTHING I'd swear its even floating on top of the puddles, never saw the like, frikken amazing, lovely to see all the trees, the ground..well everything outside really white blasted!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Closing in now, may get something very soon.
    1.5/0.5C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭brown bear

Will knocklyon get hit.......... i cant stand the wait

Mothman wrote: »
    Closing in now, may get something very soon.
    1.5/0.5C

Must be moving really slowly south MM if you havent gotten much yet - which means when you do - bingo!!!!
    Or its very steeply aligned NNE and I may be about to loose it...I choose the former!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

trogdor wrote: »
    EDIT: latest radar attached

Does that mean we have worse to come

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    Snow sticking to EVERYTHING I'd swear its even floating on top of the puddles, never saw the like, frikken amazing, lovely to see all the trees, the ground..well everything outside really white blasted!!

Be careful now! :D

Snow stopped here atm but sky nice and pink to my north and east.

What are we going to do when this all goes.......recession + no snow = absolute depression!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You should have two more big hits Trogdor. Probably have 2-3 inches after them.

Some even sill building in the norh irish sea.

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=17:25;sx=271;sy=296;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=ef98a366a53518678298e18b11a1b20c

• Advertisement

EDIT: latest radar attached

Either that front to the south is moving north or that streamer is much further south than on that chart, strange.

Must be moving really slowly south MM if you havent gotten much yet - which means when you do - bingo!!!!
    Or its very steeply aligned NNE and I may be about to loose it...I choose the former!!

still bucketing down in bray
    close to 45min i think & no sign stopping :D

Oh the anticipation....

Bit like this morn, though reversed when I got it and you didn't

Still dry

1.4/0.4C

You should have two more big hits Trogdor. Probably have 2-3 inches after them.

Some even sill building in the norh irish sea.

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=17:25;sx=271;sy=296;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=ef98a366a53518678298e18b11a1b20c

South Bray WC - full coverage - ill try send a pic - heavy 45min now

Wind has swing North/northwest here.

Not entirely sure what impact thats going to have

1.3/0.6 though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Either that front to the south is moving north or that streamer is much further south than on that chart, strange.

Sorry for some reason it threw on an older chart when i saved it there. Latest is attached

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

is the next band gonna effect north dublin ?

Those radar images must be wrong. there is no way this type of precip is not showing on a radar - it MUST be the streamer thats showing over Dublin right now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sorry for some reason it threw on an older chart when i saved it there. Latest is attached

That's some blob moving over Howth and Dublin Bay - whoever gets that.....jackpot! Think it may stay too east for me.

Weird, oh well, all it proves is that snow and radar images are not that accurate sometimes, its a whiteout here still, temp down to 0.2°C and falling.

• Advertisement

Ummm lower res 1730 one shows your precip interesting.

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=17:30;sx=271;sy=296;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=ef98a366a53518678298e18b11a1b20c

Those radar images must be wrong. there is no way this type of precip is not showing on a radar - it MUST be the streamer thats showing over Dublin right now.
    Agreed

1.4/0.4C
    Still dry

Ummm lower res 1730 one shows your precip interesting.

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=17:30;sx=271;sy=296;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=ef98a366a53518678298e18b11a1b20c

Aha, that looks more like it, knew I wasnt going mad :D

Howth must be nice and white by now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

francosp wrote: »
    is the next band gonna effect north dublin ?

i hope so, please do say

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Light snow in Wicklow now, BB should be with you very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Drove from a very snowy dundrum at 1620 with 3 inches to castleknock at 1730 with nothing, 1c in DD and 3c in knock,nothing at walkinstown roundabout and traffic light too.

Dying down now. Everything covered again, really beautiful, that might be it for a while

glossy wrote: »
    i hope so, please do say

There is a small shower than could threaten to move in over Malahide and slight into the City but more than likely will move in over Howth and into Bray area like the present showers, showers are moving in more of a SSE movement than the SE movement earlier which doesnt help us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

jenzz wrote: »
    I know a guy from roundwood been in a hotel for 2 days ... lol

If you get hungry send the smoke signals & we will airlift you something - any idea what Calary is like ???

Don't know about Calary but its probably worse than here.

Still coming down heavy. +0.3c

About another 2 inches now on top of the lying snow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement