Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Supercell wrote: »
    Dying down now. Everything covered again, really beautiful, that might be it for a while

Nah - your in for a skinfull - where in Wick SC?

arctictree wrote: »
    Don't know about Calary but its probably worse than here.

Still coming down heavy. +0.3c

About another 2 inches now on top of the lying snow.

Wow - just had a call there - cars being pushed off Fairyhill in Bray - like WTF ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I think I've had my lot too. Everything seems to be pulling away to the east with the LP.

Damm this thread...I've basically lost the guts of a days work - just couldn't concentrate. My mother in law suggested I just close the blinds! Reckon we won't see the likes here for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Eglinton wrote: »
    A good 2-3 inches on the grass. A little more in the drifts at the side of the road. Very very slippery. Light, slightly wet snow falling consistantly.

Taken on my phone this afternoon

72146.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

About 1" the last hour and still bucketing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Just started a little bit here

Just out side wicklow town

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

jenzz wrote: »
    Nah - your in for a skinfull - where in Wick SC?

I'm in Annamoe which is down the road from Roundwood.
    Being close to Scarr mountain I get more than my fair share of snow in these conditions :D
    Is a blizzard here again, easily 3cm of new stuff on the roads, wil measure the grasss tomorrow as there aint gonna be a thaw there as its sitting on top of about 4 or 5 inches of lying snow already.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Still heavy here. Outside my back door:

Image030.jpg

Supercell wrote: »
    I'm in Annamoe which is down the road from Roundwood.
    Being close to Scarr mountain I get more than my fair share of snow in these conditions :D
    Is a blizzard here again, easily 3cm of new stuff on the roads, wil measure the grasss tomorrow as there aint gonna be a thaw there as its sitting on top of about 4 or 5 inches of lying snow already.

Only down there on Sunday - beautiful place really - Bray getting hammered here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

hey is there any of that snow coming to limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Here is that band that could threaten to push further west than the ones which hit Howth and into the southeast of Dublin.

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=17:50;sx=271;sy=296;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=ef98a366a53518678298e18b11a1b20c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

You lucky gits..

The mods here told me they were sending some snow down to the south east on Tuesday but it must be still stuck in customs or somewhere.

Jammy Dublin messers the lot of ye. Ye get the Luas, nice restaurants, shops, motorways, and the good snow!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

tony1212 wrote: »
    hey is there any of that snow coming to limerick

in cork here tony..doubt it very much unless a passing shower. hoping that at the weekend this rain/sleet might stall and give some snow but its a long shot i'd say as probably need to be further north.

just for a few days i wish i was living on east coast again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

No looks like the precip is going be to far south and as the winds shift more N of east, the showers will stop.

Same for here too except im just painstakingly close
    Here is that band that could threaten to push further west than the ones which hit Howth and into the southeast of Dublin.

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=17:50;sx=271;sy=296;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=ef98a366a53518678298e18b11a1b20c

good to see you get the snow weathercheck. good call on the last 2 events. fingers crossed on that band pushing west!

Trotter wrote: »
    You lucky gits..

The mods here told me they were sending some snow down to the south east on Tuesday but it must be still stuck in customs or somewhere.

Jammy Dublin messers the lot of ye. Ye get the Luas, nice restaurants, shops, motorways, and the good snow!!!!!

The best snow though is reserved for...Wicklow

badumtish!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

dundrum at 1610

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I'm amazed to hear and see how bad it's been around most of the rest of dublin..here (D15) it's snowed quite frequently through the day, but there's been no stickage.

Strange, cos we seemed to get lying snow here with the first phase of this cold spell, when a lot of the rest of the city didn't so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

jenzz wrote: »
    Only down there on Sunday - beautiful place really - Bray getting hammered here

About $%#@ing time!! :D

Went into Tesco's and nada. Came out about 3/4 of an hour later and had people coming in the door laughing after I saw outside and uttered,
    "Holy $%#@!" without thinking. :D

Slushy on the roads and paths down my end one road back from the seafront with the heavy foot and vehicular traffic but I'd say where we used to live beside Tesco must have at least 2 inches by now. Snowed heavy for a good hour here in Bray though its stopped now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Heavy hail
    1.4/0.6C

It took a worrying southerly dive!

Another band behind it that could devlelop and affect more southern areas in the coming hours.

I want the wind to stay NE!!

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=17:55;sx=271;sy=296;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=ef98a366a53518678298e18b11a1b20c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

i cant belive that big blob over howth did not drop anything in the port area!!!

Going to see if i can see howth glowing in the dark :D

check out http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb&sat=ir looks like the wind direction to the north and south are in opposite directions and were right in the middle of it

Utter utter whiteout again outside here, incredible, massive big flackes thick..THICK i tells ya in the gentle breeze!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Very nasty walkingconditions in the city center. You wouldn't want to be going anywherein a hurry. Nice accumulations to be seen on the train to skerries now. Going to be interesting once we go past Howth Junction! Still hoping for a decent freeze later!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Told yah it would snow today:D

Was a bit mental in town earlier. Very heavy snow in the Evening and a whiteout on my way in this morning too.:)

The snow should clear off the coast in the next few hours as the wind goes more northerly. The focus now should be, well the North and Northwest first of all but also Sunday is looking very interesting indeed!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

None in arklow yet but fingers crossed.
    currently 1.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What do ya reckon for Tallaght, lads?
    Have i seen the last of it?

WC any chance of an updated "low res" radar again, the high res ones seem to be missing out the stuff here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Dublin Airport closed till 7pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Light snow
    1.3/0.3C
    If this shower delivers I could see my deepest accumulation of the week.

• Advertisement

gonna miss here:( but turning very strong

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=18:05;sx=271;sy=296;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=ef98a366a53518678298e18b11a1b20c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement