Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I highly recommend that if any of you wanna scarper off work tomorrow and want a snow fix - head for Glendalough - the roads to there will be ploughed and there will be a lovley layer of fresh snow over the four or five inches on the ground there already, should be massive.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Anyone know if Kerry will see any snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

darkman2 wrote: »
    Told yah it would snow today:D

Was a bit mental in town earlier. Very heavy snow in the Evening and a whiteout on my way in this morning too.:)

The snow should clear off the coast in the next few hours as the wind goes more northerly. The focus now should be, well the North and Northwest first of all but also Sunday is looking very interesting indeed!:)

what makes sunday so interesting? am down south and hoping it will turn to snow and stall for a while when it meets the cold air! not even sure if that can happen or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anymore for West Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

what makes sunday so interesting? am down south and hoping it will turn to snow and stall for a while when it meets the cold air! not even sure if that can happen or not..

hmm i would not be confident of it being snow in the west and southwest, more likely over north leinster and ulster, the cold air won't be modified enough in these regions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Anymore for West Dublin?

I think it will all move to the east with less inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

At malahide now. Only looks very wet and miserable out here!

I was looking at the gfs for sunday earlier and tbh that looks a Norn Iron only snow affair to me, but that could easily change between now and then.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Starting again in Bray, Grainy stuff as opposed to fluffy, but thats how the last shower started too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Stopped again
    1.3/0.4C

• Advertisement

This is seriously nuts, has the streamer stalled or smth?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Supercell wrote: »
    I was looking at the gfs for sunday earlier and tbh that looks a Norn Iron only snow affair to me, but that could easily change between now and then.

supercell you haven't clue, you make it up as you go along;)

but seriously well done on predicting what would happen in Dublin today. Now if you could only apply that nous to the weather league:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Calibos wrote: »
    Starting again in Bray, Grainy stuff as opposed to fluffy, but thats how the last shower started too!

Spoke too soon, Stopped again.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

That shower pretended it was gonna hit here but then took a swing south, looks tasty for howth into the southside though!!

Then a developing band behind which will do the same!!:(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Well theres no frost on the cars here yet ,but the lying snow at the side of the fields is all frozen over and the place looks really really cold ,beautiful weather ,all we need now is heavy snow, but dont seen heavy snow mentioned in any forecasts :(

supercell you haven't clue, you make it up as you go along;)

but seriously well done on predicting what would happen in Dublin today. Now if you could only apply that nous to the weather league:pac:

Lol ye cheeky fecker!!

That reminds me, I better do up the January table tomorrow.
    Right now I'm in awe of the snow here at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Snoddy wrote: »
    I don't think Dundalk will get any snow, I can feel it in my bones. We'll just get rain, rain rain. Maybe a bit of a sleet. Sure the place is soaking, if it were to snow it wouldn't stick.

Yeah got sick of waiting so just back from a drive about 15 minutes outside Dundalk up the cooley mountains. About a foot of snow and i finally got to throw my first snowball :D

Opr

That shower pretended it was gonna hit here but then took a swing south, looks tasty for howth into the southside though!!

Then a developing band behind which will do the same!!:(:pac:

WC imho the BBC radar image seems to be the only one thats semi accurate tonight, it is showing precip here right now but your "high res" one isn't, and its total snowmaggedon here right now.

This things gonna make some folks very happy

If if if if!! only the wind was more easterly!!

hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=18:20;sx=271;sy=296;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=undefined;pcz=;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=ef98a366a53518678298e18b11a1b20c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Those showers seems to be heading straight for south Dublin and Wicklow at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Davo D wrote: »
    Those showers seems to be heading straight for south Dublin and Wicklow at the moment.

If they do make it here, not sure what they might do - could well be rain and sleet? 0.9c DP 0.6c

TBH I think everything will be sucked away to the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Slush all on paths and roads only really settled on the cars and other surfaces. Good covering on the beach here the town is just one big icy puddle:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

just stopped south bray

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

DOCARCH wrote: »
    If they do make it here, not sure what they might do - could well be rain and sleet? 0.9c DP 0.6c

TBH I think everything will be sucked away to the east.

Probably not easterly enough to make North Dublin :(

Those radar images are wrong, way off.
    I don't know why but they are, its heavy, and i mean heavy snow (and I do know what heavy snow looks like) last hour or so but the radar says I'm dry here...its wrong simple as..

wrong_radar.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Arrgghh! None of our weather website show DP as a graph, and it makes trends hard to see!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yez are very lucky today in Dublin city centre and coastline coz nothing really happened anywhere else, I think only a mile or 2 in from the coast of Dublin got covered in Snow today while the rest of us got patchly light snow, snizzle/drizzle?

Tis gonna miss most now would seem, northerly winds taking over.

Tis gonna miss most now would seem, northerly winds taking over.

Yep, looking at BBC radar that stuff is just moving south now not SW like we want.
    Tapering of here now too, though have no idea if that will start up again as have very little radar faith for this area in these conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The radar hasn't been particularly very accurate, here in north Kilkenny we had snow all day, nothing exceptional just constant light snow. Still falling and it hasn't let up all day, sticking where there is snow and on certain surfaces but otherwise not too bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement