Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Raining here in south donegal ,ground is pretty wet now, it would make it hard for snow to lie.

Just seen the 9 news ,they took out the warnings they had for donegal and instead mentioned the eastcoast, man met eireann change their minds so often.
    no snow for me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

w00t

Snowing here in Strabane now as well and it's starting to stick. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

to be honest at this stage i'm expecing nothing. so if we do happen to get some snow, which accumulates, over the next couple of days it's a bonus. this winter has been one of the coldest in recent years yet i've got very little lying snow out of it. other years where the winters were noticeably mild through out, there were still one or two periods where there was 2- 4 inches of lying snow during February. of course this February could still deliver something appreciable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gowayyalanger

Stopped snowing again in Letterkenny. Temp 1.3 dp 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Carlow:

Temp: 2.7

Dew Point: 0.4

Is anything ever gonna happen?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Cold, with frost and ice patches. Patches of sleet/snow spreading into northern areas. Later tonight or early tomorrow scattered hail/snow showers spreading into parts of the east and southeast from the Irish Sea.

That was on Met.ie ???????????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not sure about the showers 2moro, ive a feeling thre gonna be quite isolated, certainly no prolonged snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Letterkenny update: took a run up to the mountain top about an hour agao, snow stuck up there and there was a snow plough out clearing the road, but coming back into the town nothing was sticking. Could be gone from up there now, still its a sign of hope

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_warnings.html
    New warnings from met uk.
    Heavy snow for NI

• Advertisement

Letterkenny update: took a run up to the mountain top about an hour agao, snow stuck up there and there was a snow plough out clearing the road, but coming back into the town nothing was sticking. Could be gone from up there now, still its a sign of hope

Thanks, have to travel through Mountain Top on the way to work in the morning. just hope it's cleared the road all the way to Falcarragh. Got stranded 2 weeks ago, couldn't get home. BTW this thread is a lot more entertaining than the football on telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Thanks, have to travel through Mountain Top on the way to work in the morning. just hope it's cleared the road all the way to Falcarragh. Got stranded 2 weeks ago, couldn't get home. BTW this thread is a lot more entertaining than the football on telly!

looks like extra time now, anyways looks like i might have to disappoint, plough when as far as the mountain top roundabout and back down again to hospitable round about did it 3 times, must be just a plough for the town. Heard from Cresslough there was no snow down there yet

The snow two weeks ago was something special, i got stuck up there too,
    Lets hope we get more snow.

So someone update me!
    Whats going on?!

Meh spent the last few hours on croghan mountain snowboarding and taboganing.If we had chair lifts we were right :D
    Man walking back up that slope and back down again takes it out of ya :P
    Man it's incredible up there-the drifts are up to my shoulders and I'm 6'3 or there abouts and beautifull powder snow the depth of your knees.
    There was light snow falling up there too.
    Just bliss.
    Could only manage to drive about 3/4 ways up when all tracks stopped and we could go no further.The public road further down wasnt much better!

So someone update me!
    Whats going on?!

Meh spent the last few hours on croghan mountain snowboarding and taboganing.If we had chair lifts we were right :D
    Man walking back up that slope and back down again takes it out of ya :P
    Man it's incredible up there-the drifts are up to my shoulders and I'm 6'3 or there abouts and beautifull powder snow the depth of your knees.
    There was light snow falling up there too.
    Just bliss.
    Could only manage to drive about 3/4 ways up when all tracks stopped and we could go no further.The public road further down wasnt much better!
    Wow ,any pics????

Looks like disappointment on 2 fronts tonight. No snow and no next round of FA Cup.:mad:

Going to bed and will hope for the best for the morning.

Hope you all get the snow you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

lots of nice cold rain falling here in mayo, not even a bit of sleet or even some poxy hail, what an insult, this cold spell is,

Pangea wrote: »
    Wow ,any pics????
    :(

I tried to take one on my phone but it was crappy,it was like black dark!
    We had 2 torches at either side of the run to aim for.

Twas interesting driving up as at sea level just 3 miles from home we met the snow and as we drove up at a certain point you could see where less and less of last night had came down as rain as less of the snow was spoiled and then at about 900ft,it was powdery and from there up it was just deeper and deeper where it had stayed all snow last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Its a calm, frezzing starry night here in navan.

Well I have a nice layer here in Strabane and hopefully will get more during the night. It has stopped for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

smashey wrote: »
    Well I have a nice layer here in Strabane and hopefully will get more during the night. It has stopped for now.

Send it to Convoy. Half snow/slush here. Doesn't know what to do!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

K-9 wrote: »

As in pass the parcel keep it moving... pass to Donegal Town next:)

K-9 wrote: »
    irish1967 wrote: »
    As in pass the parcel keep it moving... pass to Donegal Town next:)
    Ye can both feck off and get your own snow. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

extremely heavy snow now. there'll easy be a foot by morning at this rate.

**the above may not be factual**:(

U b****** lol ,u got me excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

well thats it.just saw last forecast.all downgraded.

Yeah but on the bright side its just met eireann ,thats probably a plus for us that they dont predict snow ,it will probably snow now then lol

SNOWING HEAVY here now in south donegal ,place is getting white in the space of 5 mins
    Nice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

nice bit of precip starting to move down the country now.is that rain in wexford anybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Pangea wrote: »
    SNOWING HEAVY here now in south donegal ,place is getting white in the space of 5 mins
    Nice ;)

Is this a piss take or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement