Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Is this a piss take or what?
    hey wc why you say that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No wc ,it is snowing heavy here , I just looked out 5 mins ago and seen it was snowing heavy ,still is , car and lawn are starting to get whiter now ,hopefully it will keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    No wc ,it is snowing heavy here , I just looked out 5 mins ago and seen it was snowing heavy ,still is , car and lawn are starting to get whiter now ,hopefully it will keep up.

congratulations pangea. now don't be selfish and keep it all to yourself;)

fair play.precip looks heavy on radar.maybe you should take pic share the fun

Yeah well , ground is wet , but car was frozen an hour ago, but snow is sticking on the car and at the side of the lawn , not pic worthy yet, but still snowing here, if it continues for a few hours should have a nice bit and it will begin to lie everywhere.

• Advertisement

anyone see met uks rainfall radar? at 23:00 there was lots of clouds over ireland and england and 23:30 there was no clouds bascially anywhere , just dissaperred of the radar. now at the 00:00 radar there clouds again , hmm strange. Must be an error.
    BTW can a cloud stay in the one spot for a long time ? or is it moving all the time?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

anyone see met uks rainfall radar? at 23:00 there was lots of clouds over ireland and england and 23:30 there was no clouds bascially anywhere , just dissaperred of the radar. now at the 00:00 radar there clouds again , hmm strange. Must be an error.
    BTW can a cloud stay in the one spot for a long time ? or is it moving all the time?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/
    yeah saw that too.just an error and clouds do normally stay movin except a rotating one ha

Stopped snowing here ,nothing out of the ordinary :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

2.8c here
    DP at 0c
    Nothin happening
    Gorey area

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

0.3c and dp of -1.9c here in newbridge, let's be having some precip now !

• Advertisement

0.3c and dp of -1.9c here in newbridge, let's be having some precip now !
    she's on the way bud.im suddenly very confident bout some flakes now.was worried dp wouldn't be low enough

damn the precip seems to be goin little bit against us.hope it reaches down here now.i see england gettin a pastin right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Mullingar reporting snow:)

Temps and dp's dropping and looking good for most of the country now..

Lets see what the precipitation does- getting interesting:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

redsunset wrote: »
    she's on the way bud.im suddenly very confident bout some flakes now.was worried dp wouldn't be low enough

At this point temp is 0c and dp of -1c in Dublin looks very good , looking very good for precip just now on sky news weather.

My temp in newbridge has dropped too -0.1c and dp to -2.1c.

Tis very exciting ! I should be asleep but can't seem to nod off .

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Will the percipitation reach us?It so slow and weak!Is there any chance that the two fronts could combine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

The band is getting heavier in the irish sea..if that sinks south west we're in business on the east coast

whose gettin snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

no sign of any snow in kilkenny yet,you getting any snow redsunset?.

whose gettin snow?

bassy wrote: »
    no sign of any snow in kilkenny yet,you getting any snow redsunset?.
    Not a flake.everything from the north just aint making it.very disappointing.i believe it'll be in the morn with precip pushin in from irish sea.we best all get some kip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

redsunset will we get much in our location?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Not a flake.everything from the north just aint making it.very disappointing.i believe it'll be in the morn with precip pushin in from irish sea.we best all get some kip

I had a look out the window, thinking to myself 'hah, its hardly snowing!' and to my surprise there is bit of snow, albeit small bits, blowing around in the wind!!

My DP is -0.2 and temp 1.3c!

bassy wrote: »
    redsunset will we get much in our location?
    all depends where the showers come in and how far.im convinced that we should see something tho.we'll wait and see

I had a look out the window, thinking to myself 'hah, its hardly snowing!' and to my surprise there is bit of snow, albeit small bits, blowing around in the wind!!

My DP is -0.2 and temp 1.3c!
    very good sign that.here prayin for precip and dp to not get any warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Seems to have stopped now, but my Temp and DP are still dropping, 1c and -0.4c respectively.

3hr-rain.jpgprecip poor for a while.could do with that big dirty 6 over us.wishful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

whose gettin snow?

Light dusting on the ground here, hardly enough to make a snowball,but the roads might be dodgy enough.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking with bated breath at that ppn heading down from the north over Dublin. 0.8c here atm DP -0.7c

Oh - light snow being reported at Mullingar from same ppn.

0.8c now with DP -0.4c

Lite snow here in newbridge now temp 0.4 and dp of -0.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I'm a couple of miles outside Mullingar and we've got snow on the ground, not much but enough to make me put off heading to college for the next few hours, still snowing lightly too.

• Advertisement

actually its belting down here now in newbridge !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement