Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nothing much for C&C

• 04-02-2009 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭

Was in Budapest last October, have had photos lying around for aaaaaages to go through and stick them up on flickr.

I don't really know what I think of them, so any comments good, bad or indifferent are welcome.

3251970122_6c5750a67e.jpg

3251142305_a64f2316d3.jpg

3251109543_4efc97a8e0.jpg

3251106511_7dd7b21cbb.jpg

There's a few more on my flickr if anyone wants to have a gander.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The third one (of the green door) is my favourite. Don't like the fourth very much, though - nothing really interesting about it and it doesn't do anything for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Nice set, last two have really nice detail in them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Xiney wrote: »
    The third one (of the green door) is my favourite. Don't like the fourth very much, though - nothing really interesting about it and it doesn't do anything for me.

Yeah I see what you're saying about the fourth one alright. I think maybe it was just an interesting feature at the time rather than something that ended up being particularly aesthetically pleasing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

I likes that door. Like how you framed it, rather than putting the feature in the centre. Somehow it also sits really well next to the one above with the dome roof and the blue sky. Lovely rich colours too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

something i really like about the second one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I really like the textures and the repetition of the patterns in #3, the muted tones work really well, nicely spotted.

#4 really appeals to me as well, there have been a couple of posts for C&C lately where I've been drawn to what's not there. I love the light and the bokeh and the cobwebs and wondering just what is through the gap. I like when you are invited to fill in the blanks.

An image like that will draw me back for another look much quicker than the perfectly good #1, where I tend go go 'nice building, nice sky......next'.

Of course, that's probably just me:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

elven wrote: »
    Lovely rich colours too.

That's something I'm a little worried about to be honest. I have a tendency to overdo saturation. It comes, I think, from living in Ireland, where I find a lot of photos to just look a little dull (due to the often cloudy weather and low sun), and so I've gotten into the habit of going a bit mad with the saturation and luminance to give pictures more of a sun soaked feel.

It's a habit, though, that I'm finding hard to break.

Just wondering what other people's thoughts on it are, or what kind of colour and tone do y'all go for if/when PP'ing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Notice I said 'rich' rather than 'bright' ;)

I used to be a sucker for colour too, as you say when you live somewhere that's mostly grey it's definitely tempting to whack the saturation up there. I think there's a difference between introducing false saturation and representing the kind of light that you saw though - if you look at the first one with the roof and sky it's actually just the sky that's crazy blue - the green of the roof is actually quite subtle.

One look at the first few pages of my flickr will give you the answer to what I do in pp... i want the viewers to have to work hard to find that colour, oh yeah! I'm going through a 'delicate' phase I think...

Advertisement