Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole/Job Seekers Allowance and Part-Time learning

Options
  • 04-02-2009 1:00am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After having leaving my last job to finish a masters, and not being able to get a job since I've like many others right now had to claim Dole/JSA.

Before i signed on, I applied to do an Open University type course for graduates with the University of London. I did not follow up on the application due to not finding work as expected and knowing that students are not eligible for JSA.

However, the nature of this course would have me working in my own time and would not affect my job hunt in any manner. Although i accept that for the next while i'd have an advantage with free time for study. Would i be able to still claim JSA, even if its not the amount im on, while studying part-time due to these circumstances.

I can't bring myself to queue up down there in the snow!

Advertisement