Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feet help

• 04-02-2009 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anyone here suffer from problems with their feet? Is there an organisation that helps people with foot problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Cosey, I've edited your post to make it more acceptable for boards. Trout told you yesterday that we cannot offer medical advice, so please don't try to get a diagnosis for your foot problem. Any medication/medical advice given on this thread will be removed, the poster banned and the thread locked.

I have diabetes, so I'm concious of foot problems, so you have my sympathies. However, if no help is forthcoming here, there's nothing we can do - please don't start any more threads on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 coseybar2

im very disapointed tht no person was able to give me any information or help as to an organisation to help with foot pain , and also in the manner tht my orignal thread was edited for some on known reason , but i have learned sadely there is no help for me here , coseybar2,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Sometimes you need to wait a while for people to come along who have had foot pain and can help you find an answer.

Obviously you could visit your GP or if this is a sports injury, perhaps a physiotherapist.

If you had foot problems due to diabetes then there is the Irish Diabetes Federation. If it's a problem with something like Athlete's Foot or verrucas then there is no association as such but for Athlete's Foot there are things that can be done to prevent it! The same goes for fungal infections of the toenails, there's lots that can be done to help that.

Without too much detail can you tell me if the problem is to do with pain, itchy feet, rash or an ongoing long term condition you suffer from?

I would suggest asking your GP about it.

AT LAST SOME ONE HAS SPOKEN !. THE PAIN IS IN THE SOLE OF BOTH FEET , ESPECIALY WHEN STANDING , OR WALKING , I HAVE VISITED MY GP AND SPECIALEST ETC , BUT NO IMPROVEMENT,JUST THR TRYING DIFFERENT MEDICIAN WITH NO IMPROVEMENT , MUST B SOMEONE OUT THERE WITH THE SAME COMPLAINT !.........COSEYBAR2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Just saw this thread, I don't know how serious the problem with the OP is but I'll add my experience.

From about the age of 12 (I'm nearly 40 now) I have had problems with pain in my feet specifically around the ball area of both feet. Initially I was told it was just growing pains but it never went away. After a while I was taken to the doctor and even though that area was swollen the doctor never really saw anything. They did recommend certain footwear (Adidas Roms did seem to help). Later I was sent for x-rays and they showed up nothing. Curiously I was asked if I got headaches often and had my glasses changed (to this day I can't think what the link was). Again I was given advice on footwear and told to soak my feet in cold water on a regular basis. Years went by and when I could afford it myself I went to another doctor who again couldn't explain what the problem was but did recommend insoles which lasted about a week as I couldn't walk with them (believe me I did try). I was in college but doing bar and restaurant work which I was advised to give up and again wear soft shoes.
    Years later I moved away from home, again another doctor and again no solution. After that I decided just to live with it, footwear is a big issue and there are other things I do to relieve it. Bathe feet in cold water (sand and sea water is particulary effective), foot massage (thai massage is superb for it) and self massage on a regular basis. If you have a golf ball roll it around your feet while watching tv or if you have a partner massage each others feet at night.
    I'm sorry I don't have any solutions for you, the fact that so many doctors found nothing shows there is no serious issue but at times the pain would stop me from walking. I don't know how serious your issue is but I hope you find a solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Cheers Roanmore, can I ask both you and the OP if you ever had orthotic insoles suggested by a podiatrist (these people used to be called chiropodists when I was growing up)?

I know they are usually used to help people with over-pronation due to flat feet but wondered if they had ever been recommended to either of you.

yes i have tryed many different orthorits insosed ,but not much help realy , thr mostly for falling arches , coseybar

Advertisement