Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

luca toni

• 04-02-2009 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

anybody else think luca toni is piss? everytime i watch him he looks out of his depth, should be playing in the a-championship or somethin.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

No, not really. 232 appearances and 146 goals in the last 6 years (Palermo, Fiorentina, Bayern and Italy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah yes, Luca Toni -

- 195 goals in 392 club games (a 1 in 2 average)
    - 16 goals in 42 internationals
    - World Cup winner
    - Serie A top scorer 2006 (Most ever by any player in one season - 31)
    - European Golden Shoe 2005-06
    - 2006 FIFA World Cup All-Star Team
    - Bundesliga Top Scorer 2008
    - Uefa Cup top scorer 2008

Yeah he's fuckin shit :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

Yeah but I think he scores all his goals against teams like Siena and Energie Cottbus.

Watched him for Bayern against Hamburg the other night, chap hadn't a clue what was he doing out on that pitch.

How he made the world cup 2006 team I have no clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

anladmór wrote: »
    Yeah but I think he scores all his goals against teams like Siena and Energie Cottbus.

Watched him for Bayern against Hamburg the other night, chap hadn't a clue what was he doing out on that pitch.

How he made the world cup 2006 team I have no clue.
    You have no clue if you think Luca Toni is poor.

New to the forum I see, you'd better learn quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

anladmór wrote: »
    anybody else think luca toni is piss? everytime i watch him he looks out of his depth, should be playing in the a-championship or somethin.

i love these sweeping statements like, he is 'piss' or sh*t'.

chances are he might be having a couple of off games when you're seeing him play because as Xavi6's stats show, he's done the business everywhere he's gone. his scoring record compares with most in the world, particularly in Italy where it's notoriously difficult to score lots of goals.

'form is temporary, class is permanent' as they say.

so no, he's not piss i'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

luca toni is worth his weight in gold

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I suspect the myth of Luca Toni being sub standard come from his international form. He's been in 2 major international competitions (Euro 08 and WC 06) and only has 2 goals from those tournaments. This is possibly the only time these people have really seen him play, and judge him completely from it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Luca Toni would be welcomed into any team in world football with open arms. If Luca Toni is sh*t, then Drogba is the micro-organisms that feed on that sh*t.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

eZe^ wrote: »
    Luca Toni would be welcomed into any team in world football with open arms. If Luca Toni is sh*t, then Drogba is the micro-organisms that feed on that sh*t.

and torres has just wiped his arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jazzy wrote: »
    luca toni is worth his weight in gold

Good job he weighs **** all and gold is cheap.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

It's fairly widely accepted that Serie A's the hardest league of all to score in.

His goal-scoring rate would be phenomenal anywhere, but considering it was primarily amongst weaker Serie A teams it's nigh on unreal.

The guy's an old-fashioned centre-forward, and probably the best of that dying breed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

mayordenis wrote: »
    and torres has just wiped his arse

And Eto'o is the king who owns the slave who just wiped his arse. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I suspect the myth of Luca Toni being sub standard come from his international form. He's been in 2 major international competitions (Euro 08 and WC 06) and only has 2 goals from those tournaments. This is possibly the only time these people have really seen him play, and judge him completely from it.

I don't think the dodgy tasch helped his case much either in one of those tournaments

Quaility player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Nail on head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What Science Nerd said. In the World Cup he didn't even play that badly. He hit the post 4 times and scored 3 goals. Not a shocking tournament by any stretch of the imagination. If I were to make a team of the decade, Luca would be one of the first names on the sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I must constantly catch him on off days as Ive never been impressed when Ive seen him play. I suppose his goal scoring record speaks for itself though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Debate over !

[IMG][/img]Luca.jpg

[IMG][/img]italy_world_cup.gif.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He is the only striker over the height of 6'5 ive ever seen that is as good on the ground as he is in the air.

The man is a machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Most inteligent striker i've seen in a long time. If his feet could move as fast as his brain he'd be one of the best of all time. As it stands, he's merely fantastic.

In the OP's defence, i can kind of see what he means in that Toni sometimes seems kind of gangly, but if you watch what he's doing, its pretty much always the right thing to do. One game that sums up Toni a bit for me is the uefa cup tie last season where Bayern almost went out - Toni always kept going for everything, despite having a poor game, and pounced on an error to push things in Munichs favour. If he were actually a little shorter he could be phenomenal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i still think ibra is better.

imagine ibrahimovic and eto'o up front.......
    might make a team with that in pro evo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

top quality old fashioned centre forward, great in the air and very accomplished with his feet also, people have a misconception of him cause they only see him play for Italy alot i would imagine, some of his performances havent lived up to what he does consistently at club level i concede

Advertisement