Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What ye think of Roy Buchanan?

• 04-02-2009 5:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

I really like him. Not that easy to find his CDs in shops though. I'm not sure how well known he is outside of the guitarist's circles. I saw a vinyl of his at a record fair last year and I'm kicking myself I didn't get it. His phrasing is amazing (to me anyway).

If you recognise that song it's because it's the song that plays over the credits to "The Departed" . And also , Gary "scarface" Moore played a cover of it also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Roy Buchanan was an amazing player. You can get a fair few of his discs in Tower Records actually. The first few albums are all awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Whereabouts in Tower ? I can't find em/couldn't last time I checked. I found this compilation in the O'Connel St Tower :

b43457e60bfdf1aa0fa6fddd954dc0cd.jpg

It's a bit dear for only 12 tracks. None of his albums are listed in the Record Collector Guide

Try the blues section upstairs. There were a few out loose on the way to the pay counter downstairs but the stock stuff should be all upstairs.

This the best set to get I think:

41HJS4KFJPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Two definitives for one.

That guide is clearly not worth the paper if it missed these!

Cheers :)
    I'll have a look for them next time I'm in. Not sure about the Record Collector Guide actually- it's big and confusing but I couldn't find his name anywhere and the guy's had plenty of releases.

As I said , it seems he's not too well known outside of guitarist's circles unfortunately.

I just bought You're Not Alone in there. There's some nice stuff though its mad dear. The first album is there for a mere €9.99 though.

• Advertisement

I attempted some of the licks from Messiah today. ain't easy :)

Advertisement