Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Simply

• 04-02-2009 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

New price plan from Vodafone - similar to O2 Clear

30 day notice to end contract.

€20 p/m gets 30 mins, 30 texts and free Voda to Voda calls and texts.

For me the free calls and texts on PAYG works out better, but I'm a very light user.

This may suit some people as the other network calls are cheaper (30c/min vs 39c/min)

You can't buy the monthly data add on this plan either. (boo vodafone)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Looks a bit pants to me to be honest. You can get much better value than that on other networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is there a cap on the €20pm or could you potentially run up a high bill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

can't really look at it in detail while browsing on my phone but it's a bad move to not allow data addons i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/simply/
    Why Vodafone Simply?
    No lengthy contract - Just 30 days' notice is required
    Inclusive minutes and texts - 30 minutes and texts every month to call or text any number, anytime in the Republic of Ireland
    Free Vodafone-to-Vodafone calls or texts - Call or text anyone on Vodafone anytime all month - FREE calls or texts to other Vodafone customers in the Republic of Ireland included in your price plan.
    Keep your number - No need to change your number, and if you're an existing Vodafone prepay customer we'll even transfer any remaining credit to your new Vodafone Simply price plan.

Price plan Minutes & text Text rate Call rate How much per month
    Vodafone Simply 30 + 30 11c 30c €20.00

Don't see any mention of a cap on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

No cap, just like bill pay.
    The only advantage would be for a heavy PAYG user who had a lot of non-Vodafone calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i'm not seeing the advantage, maybe a payg customer who calls mainly vodafone, it's a better offer than there payg offer but with such a small off net voice and text allowance it could lead to some very high bills if you didn't keep an eye on your allowance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

i'm not seeing the advantage
    It's 9c/min cheaper for non vodafone calls compared to the PAYG plan rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

mick_irl wrote: »
    Looks a bit pants to me to be honest. You can get much better value than that on other networks.

I say! Heck, it's hardly better than their own prepay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Just to update this you now get 100mins and 100 Texts and free Vodafone calls and texts on the Vodafone Simply plan for 20e per month. They seem to have add ons now as well.

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/current/simply/

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Moved to this today. I was on perfect choice 100 for a tenner more and with no free vf to vf texts and calls. Is amazing that they didnt reduce perfect choice 100 also??? Can see alot more people switching

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

jessconr wrote: »
    Moved to this today. I was on perfect choice 100 for a tenner more and with no free vf to vf texts and calls. Is amazing that they didnt reduce perfect choice 100 also??? Can see alot more people switching
    Perfect Choice comes with a handset so has the cost of such factored into the price.
    Simply is a SIM only tariff ie. you don't get a handset on signing up and you are not eligible for a handset upgrade at any stage while on this tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

I'm eligible for an upgrade at the moment with perfect choice 100. I've already got an N95 8gb. I dont want to upgrade to a N97 because it has alot of faults.....gonna wait for the beast of a phone, the N900. Rang vodafone and they said if i want to upgrade in the future i can just switch back to perfect choice 100 and my upgrade will still be there. Its a win win situation

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭HerbSimpson

I think vodafone are being very unfair to their loyal long term customers here. I'm on perfect 50 for €20 per month and get 50 mins and 50 texts, this new simply package is the same price but you get DOUBLE the mins and texts. Vodafone wont let me change to this because im under a contract.

They give new customers a better deal than their loyal customers. I will be looking else where when my contract expires

I think vodafone are being very unfair to their loyal long term customers here. I'm on perfect 50 for €20 per month and get 50 mins and 50 texts, this new simply package is the same price but you get DOUBLE the mins and texts. Vodafone wont let me change to this because im under a contract.

They give new customers a better deal than their loyal customers. I will be looking else where when my contract expires
    Are you in contract because you recently got an upgrade? Because you are not eligible for an upgrade handset -EVER- on Simply - that's why you get far more minutes for the same price, compared to a contract plan which does come with a handset.

Thats true I did get an upgrade 6 months ago, a cheap phone that i gave to my mother, id prefer the better package to the phone.

I know they are in their right to keep me on perfect 50 because of the contract which I comitted to but I just think its a bad move for customer relations and will take it into account when my contract is up in another 6 months.

Once your Perfect Fit contract is up, you can drop down to the Simply plan.

Kensington wrote: »
    Once your Perfect Fit contract is up, you can drop down to the Simply plan.

True, I can also switch provider

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

I'm on vodafone simply for last couple of months ... Dog destroyed me phone so bought new 6303 ... They tell me I'm not entitled to the free credit when I register it because simply is a form of billpay ??
    Anyone come across this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Isn't simply (simply) bill pay with a 30 days notice window? If correct then yes, free credit wouldn't apply.

That double simply is not simple to say :)
    Salem wrote: »
    I'm on vodafone simply for last couple of months ... Dog destroyed me phone so bought new 6303 ... They tell me I'm not entitled to the free credit when I register it because simply is a form of billpay ??
    Anyone come across this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

This is a limitation of these no phone bill accounts like O2 Clear and Vodafone Simply. They sell you the phone without any payback, while a prepaid user gets some credit. You can have the credit applied to someone else's prepaid account, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

If I signed up to this, are the 100 minutes/texts ONTOP of the 20 credit you pay every month or is it JUST the 100 mins/texts you get for your 20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If I signed up to this, are the 100 minutes/texts ONTOP of the 20 credit you pay every month or is it JUST the 100 mins/texts you get for your 20?

it is a billpay account, credit doesn't enter into it. You pay €20/month and you get the mins/texts and pay extra on your bill for other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ardmacha wrote: »
    it is a billpay account, credit doesn't enter into it. You pay €20/month and you get the mins/texts and pay extra on your bill for other things.
    This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Hey guys

I just singed up the the vodafone simply offer and wondering now if it was a bad decision, just rang vodafoen there because i had a problem topping up and the guy on the phone started tellin me about this so i said sure sign me up. anyway i have 2 questions,

1. IF i don not use my 100 calls and texts will the be brought forward to next month?

2. Is there anyway to check my balance to ensure i dont go over the allowed calls and texts?

Thanks

Elbi wrote: »
    1. IF i don not use my 100 calls and texts will the be brought forward to next month?
    No, there is no carryover of unused minutes. Whatever minutes you do not use are lost at the end of the billing cycle.
    2. Is there anyway to check my balance to ensure i dont go over the allowed calls and texts?
    If you register online for My Vodafone, you will be able to check it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Hey guys

Not always reliable but text mybal to 50226 or MINS to 1907

Advertisement