Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wireless in Abbeylea, Swords?

Options
  • 04-02-2009 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a wireless broadband option in place in Swords that works well? I would appreciate any thoughts and/or suggestions.

Cheers,
    looperman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

why don't you get UPC BB? I know some guys in Abbeylea that have it and it works fine.

Other than that I couldn't possibly recommend any wireless providers in the Swords area. You are pretty close to the ICE BB transceiver but their service is usually abysmal. You could try digiweb or Magnet but from word of mouth of people that have had it in that area the quality is not that great.

How much speed do you require?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

A phone line isnt needed with UPC BB is it? thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. I dont like the sound of ICE to be honest with you. Shame about Magnet or Digiweb for that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

A phone line isnt needed with UPC BB is it? thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. I dont like the sound of ICE to be honest with you. Shame about Magnet or Digiweb for that area.

no a phone line isn't needed, but a cable connection is, so if you have your TV with UPC (chorus/NTL) getting BB with them will be a cinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

excellent. really appreciate that again. thanks

Advertisement