Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listening Logs

Options
  • 04-02-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

So this stems from this post in the Forum Request part of the site. I supported it but I don't fully understand it so this is just my interpretation (and open to correction / everyone can post in their own style). Essentially (mine) will be more of an expansion to the "What are you listening to now?" thread whereby it will feature albums rather than tracks - either albums bought recently or that you are listening to at this point in time (again, a wider time scale than right now).

Seems as this is the general music section there will be genre collision and not everyones tastes will appeal to you. I personally would prefer that if you like a post / recommendation that you thank the post and if not you move on...Let's keep this thread free of traditional YouTube idiots (but I'm not a moderator so feel free to ignore me). I'm used to not being thanked so it won't put me off posting :D

Also, all music is welcome...If you want to highlight a niche band, great, if you bought the #1 album and want to tell people, great. And just for neatness sake, multiple posts can be done rather than lumping everything together. One last point...if a video is explicit / song contains swearing, perhaps note it so people watch it in the right environment ;)

So without further lecturing :) My first album is A Day To Remember's "For Those Who Have Heart". The band is described as "pop-mosh" so I wasn't quite sure what to expect (the album was cheap :D). At times it strikes me a little like Alexisonfire with a healthy mix of growling/screaming and singing. Some really catchy songs on the album.

Songs
    Since You've Been Gone (yes, that is a Kelly Clarkson cover :) )

Why Walk On Water When We've Got Boats

You Should Have Killed Me

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hollywood Undead are a band from LA that exploded thanks to MySpace and are now featured on Madden, Rock Band 2 (DLC) and in coverage for a Korean Starcraft league. Their debut album "Swan Songs" took three years to be released because they were trying to find a label that didn't want them to censor everything....and that hits at what to expect from the music. A mix of (bordering on) gangster rap, rock and metal. Very mixed songs with themes ranging from girls, drugs, alcohol and partying to lost love and responding to haters. Quite an interesting album!

Live show appears to be quite impressive from clips that I have seen. They're only playing small clubs...and there's 7 of them on stage yet they will still drag extra people from the crowd up to join them!

CD also gives access to a bonus area with videos, an interview and a vid from a live show (dubbed over). Smart move because it allows management to see where fans are and also means that you have to have the CD in-drive to get access to this area (rather than downloading). Nice touch because you get a little extra too.

Songs - explicit lyrics (and if you pick certain videos from YouTube, explicit videos ;))
    No. 5

Young (pretty safe song!)

Paradise Lost

Undead (explicit - but uses the opening riff from Crazy Train so instantly makes it cool!)

🤪

Advertisement