Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensing music for iPod

Options
  • 04-02-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi, I'm using a 30GB iPod and have run out of space. I dont have the money to upgrade to an 80GB and was just wondering is there a way to condense the music files that I have so i can squeeze more albums on to it? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JesterWX

You could convert your mp3 files to a lower bit rate. That would reduce the size of the files and free up some room for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

I was in a similar position about 2 years ago where by my hard drive was nearly full so I converted all my music to 96kbs. It took about 3 days and saved a few gigs.. now 2 years later with my 120GB Zune and TBs of drive space how absolutley sick am I that I downrated them? :confused:

..extremely sick. :(

Dont do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

you really cant live with only having 300 albums on your person at any time?

you dont need to carry EVERYTHING. changing your selection every so often takes a lot less time than re-encoding all your music

Advertisement