Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Not Supported error on Samsung 40in

Options
  • 04-02-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung LE40A686 High Def TV. I connected an external aerial and tuned for free to air digital channels. It found 8, some audio and RTE and TG4 TV. I hear the audio on the TV channels but I get a black picture with 'HD Not Supported'.
    Any Ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

This television is not MPEG4 compliant which is required to receive Irish DTT broadcasts. See sticky for compatible TVs and/or CAM options.

The reason you get the HD not supported message is that some manufacturers assume that if a channel is broadcasting in MPEG4 it must also be HD (but this is not the case in Irish DTT which is MPEG4 SD)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I too have a series 6 samsung and i found exactly the same thing when i tried it. You can obviously listen to the radio channels if thats any use to you:D

Seriously, though, get yourself a combo FTA satellite/mpeg4 DTT stb. Got one of these in the last few days and theyre well worth the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055384875&page=2

Effectively you have an mpeg2 TV. Irish DTT broadcasts in MPEG4. Thats why you only get sound.

You may be lucky though JP. Although not reported by Neotion to be on the list of compatiability, I read a report on a polish forum of that model (with an A at the end) being enabled by the Neotion CAM. That it is an MPEG2 LCD anyway in Poland and therefore it shouldnt make a difference as regards the letter A being at the end. Normally they change the letter to designate country (and sometimes decoder). Its highly likely that other models in this range can also be enabled the Neotion CAM.

They are about €50. It slots into the back of your LCD and enables your idtv to view the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

STB wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055384875&page=2

Effectively you have an mpeg2 TV. Irish DTT broadcasts in MPEG4. Thats why you only get sound.

You may be lucky though JP. Although not reported by Neotion to be on the list of compatiability, I read a report on a polish forum of that model (with an A at the end) being enabled by the Neotion CAM. That it is an MPEG2 LCD anyway in Poland and therefore it shouldnt make a difference as regards the letter A being at the end. Normally they change the letter to designate country (and sometimes decoder). Its highly likely that other models in this range can also be enabled the Neotion CAM.

They are about €50. It slots into the back of your LCD and enables your idtv to view the picture.

Any idea where I would get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

http://www.sateuro.com/product_overview.asp?id=1559&catid=10&subcat=6

€41 including postage.

Let us know how you get on. Hope it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

jpfahy wrote: »
    I have a Samsung LE40A686 High Def TV. I connected an external aerial and tuned for free to air digital channels. It found 8, some audio and RTE and TG4 TV. I hear the audio on the TV channels but I get a black picture with 'HD Not Supported'.
    Any Ideas?

When you bought your TV, did it have a notice that it had "TNT HD" or just "TNT"? I was wondering as I had the impression that all TVs that were "TNT HD" could pick up the Irish DTT channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarish_paul

Hi,
    I was just wondering that whether that Neotion CAM module solution worked? I also have the same issue. When I called sateuropa they said they are not sure about that. I'm looking for a solution.

Advertisement