Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlegrange??

Options
  • 04-02-2009 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes...
    i have recently bought a house in castlegrange in dublin 15. we have signed for it but are yet to move in. we paid 300k a few months back but as you all know the house prices have dropped alot since! do you think if we were to approch the builders asking them to lower the price would they???

Any opions on this gratefully appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Cork_Rebel

Hi

If all the money has been paid and its signed I wouldn't think you've any chance. The builder will be only worried about his cash flow right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

We're thinking of putting an offer in, asking is 299950, but don't see us giving anything near that, prob offer 260, is that too low? Once you have put your offer in, you can't lower it, cos more than likely they will tell you were to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Its all subjective, you offering 40K below the asking price of 299K, less than a 6th off. Seems fair in today climate.

Remember the asking price is just what they are asking for, they may not get anything like the asking price. The asking price is not the value of the property.:D

The value is the amount somebody is prepared to pay. So in reality I might have a 300k house but if nobody will buy it off me for any more than 200K then alas my house is really worth 200K.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved from Construction & Planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you have paid the full price, the builders is highly unlikely to give you money back. Whether he might put in some nicer finishes, who knows? Ask him - the worst he can say is no.

Your bargaining power is greater the greater amount that you still owe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happy09

Of course it's worth trying! You won't drink champagne if you don't try.
    Castlegrange is a good housing estate. Many things are included when you buy property here. :) Good luck!

Vist Irish Recession Blog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kerry Girl

Hi, I am suppose to be closing on a 3 bed duplex in Castlegrange Park but the valuations are coming in at 260k, 40k short. Do you know if anyone has moved in yet? The agents have said that some people have been able to get valuations for the full selling price which I find very hard to believe. Anyone else in the same situation as me? Thanks

can I ask which agent that it? I know they are asking for just under 300, is that what theyare getting?

the selling agents for the builders. they are still selling them at 300k but the valuation reports say they are only worth 260k :mad:

are they the ones with the big American fridge? (they seemed to think this was a big thing when I was looking at the houses, I was thinking, wow, a fridge, big deal)? If so, the agent told me the wouldn't take offers under the asking, which is absolute bull, especially at the moment. I decided not to go for those ones( there are 2 selling agents and the houses are slightly different) and my offer ( significantly under the asking) was accepted willingly. The valuation was done, and it was valued at what we paid for it, not the asking price.

• Advertisement

Hi ye

yes they're the ones alright, also got nasty cheap black speakers hanging from the ceilings and they seem to think that those 'extras' justify the higher price!!

Best of luck with your new place, sounds like you went with the right developer.

Advertisement